The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Video Ads for Affiliate Programs

C

Cyclops

Well this Forum has grown since I was last here......been too busy building sites learning new tactics etc to have time left over to visit...My loss I see :( .

Do you know of any affiliate programs that use videos to promote their products.
I am totally over banners and although text ads do work if intragated properly I am firmly of the opinion that Video is where it's at.
I have trialed videos with good success on a couple of products and am now looking to take the concept further.

{{title edited by Linda to be more descriptive}}

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this Forum has grown since I was last here......been too busy building sites learning new tactics etc to have time left over to visit...My loss I see.
Welcome back Cyclops. Glad you missed us. We missed you too! :)
YES we are growing and theres a ton of great info for you to catch up on.

You make a REALLY good point about videos for promotion but I don't know of any.

How bout you guys? Any tips???

Darn, I thought if anyone would know it would be you Linda :) .

I found a couple of programs but the products aren't very good and not what I would care to promote.

"Darn, I thought if anyone would know it would be you Linda"

Thanks I'm blushing and embarrassed I could not help. :p :eek:

I'm blogging about promoting AM with videos probably tomorrow. May be able to scare up some info as I research for the story. I just had not tuned in to videos as a marketing tool much but AM NOW after the blog I just read about it.

There is a new affiliate netwark launching that is mainly video based ads. I'll be blogging about that too. Just found out about it.

Will push to try to get more merchants to offer video ads.

Good one Linda.....convert those merchants to Video :D

Heres an example......using video adds so much value and placing a video like the one on this site is a lot better than a banner or text link. It actually shows the product at work.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/feinpowertools/multimaster/193222/

As an afiliate I think thats about as good as you can get.
People are soooo used to seeing banners and text links they don't even notice them anymore.
Video grabs the attention straight away.

Awesome example! I just blogged about it and show another REALLY good example. Plus I quote you dude!

The company I'm blogging about is reportedly going to start an affiliate network with video based ads.

FROM the 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Blogs:

Video Ads Boost Affiliate Marketing Conversion Rates

"I've been getting lots of requests recently for affiliate programs that offer video ads. So I've been doing some research and trying to find out what programs offer them. Supposedly the ability to add rich media video is one of the reasons behind CJ's LMI initiative, but currently I don't see many merchants providing this ad medium. Maybe they should get started!"

Check out this video ad made by 10SpeedMedia.com and see for yourself how much more powerful and attention getting a video ad can be.
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/07/17/video-ads/

Go see the video ad - very cool and read the rest of the blog.
Then come back and tell us what you think of video ads and let
us know if there are any merchants that offer this media.

Thats a great example of a video ad Linda.

OK I have been doing a little experimenting.
I have a site that averages ~ 2000 uniques per day.
In the centre of the home page I placed a 250 x 250 Adsense block. I was receiving ~ 60 clicks per day from that.
I removed that and replaced it with a 250 X250 Affiliate Banner. One that was relevant to the topic, I really went all out searching for a company that had an eye catching banner thatwould appeal to the visitors to the site. It also offered a free product and a cash prize...I mean who would not click on it to at least check it out.........The result.....7 clicks :(

Then I placed a video in the same spot......pretty crappy and not related to anything on the site...... :eek: 462 people viewed that video.

I rest my case :D

Hey cyclops,

Chris Sanderson from AMWSO was either reading the forum or reading YOUR MIND! ;)
Here you go. Some great videos for a couple of their programs.

"Streaming Video for your Affiliate Program Site!

By chris.sanderson@amwso.com 05 August 2006

Need streaming Video for your web site to help promote AMWSO merchants, leading the way in affiliate partner support, we now have streaming video available for Billy Blanks, The Firm and Panda Anti Virus Software that we can provide to you for free for use on your sites, better yet we can even host it for you to help you get up and running. Grab a preview of the available videos below.

* Billy Blanks
* The Firm : Transfirmer
* Panda Anti Virus Software

Contact us (with the URL you'll be using them) to get these videos running on your sites."

http://www.amwso.com/rss/detail.php?ID=4#497

Click the link above to see the video ads. Didn't have time to link them all.

Hmmmmm not much in my mind to read.... :D

Thanks for that Linda, Theres not much around thats promoting decent products yet although I notice the email marketers are using video extensively.

banners
Back