The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using the AIDA concept on your Landing Page.s

Andy Haskins

Landing Page Guys
usingtheaidaconceptonyourlandingpages.png

Using the AIDA concept on your Landing Pages.

In this guide I want to show you a simple trick to help you make better and higher converting landing pages.

AIDA

AIDA is a widely known marketing method that is used every day by some of the largest marketing companies and once you are aware of the concept, it becomes seemingly obvious yet powerful tool to add to your marketing arsenal.

Even closer to home for us marketers, if you take a look at any squeeze or sales page once you’ve read this thread, you should start to see AIDA unfolding right in front of your eyes.

So one of the simplest concepts to utilize when creating a landing page is to always remember the AIDA concept but what does it mean?

A – Attention
I – Interest
D – Desire
A – Action

It’s as simple as that, let me break it down a little more for you.

Attention
First you want to grab the attention of the user. This can be as simple as an eye catching headline.

Interest
Spark their interest by telling reiterating their issue to them (showing that you understand how they feel) before letting them know you have the solution and the benefits of your particular product or service.

Desire
Make them want your product, give them a reason to take action whilst they can. Confirm that it will do exactly what they want it to do and that they will miss out if they don’t take the offer.

How can you do this? List the benefits and create a countdown, telling them there is an offer that will expire by a set time.. or even a countdown that shows how many of your products are remaining.

Action
Bang, hit them with that big beautiful button that helps them get exactly what they want.

Let’s take a look at an example page to see this in action.

Below is a screenshot of Michel Dunlops Popup Domination landing page. This is one of the best selling Wordpress plugins out there and although it is an incredible product, it wouldn’t be where it was without the help of a well design landing page.

So what do you see when you visit the site and how does AIDA appear, let’s take a look.

gcBS6pO.jpg

There it is, quite clearly utilized to the trained eye but to any other viewer it is just another website. It leads you through a journey that hits some of your strongest emotions and works with the user to make the purchase an easy decision.

Pretty cool right?

Just remember the phrase AIDA when you are creating your pages and you will be on to a winner.

Let me know what you think below and let everyone know if you’ve seen AIDA in action yourself. You will be quite surprised once you start looking for it how widely used this technique really is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent breakdown. For the attention-grabbing portion, are there any colors that, in your opinion, are more eye-catching than others? Are there any to avoid?

Excellent breakdown. For the attention-grabbing portion, are there any colors that, in your opinion, are more eye-catching than others? Are there any to avoid?

Excellent question Tirade. In my personal experience it all depends on the website and the audience, I am actually in the process of writing a guide about colours which will be live tonight/tomorrow morning so keep an eye out for it.

As a low down though, the main aspect of grabbing the users attention is to think about the content in the headline, you want to give them a reason to keep reading straight away so as long as you do this you're on to a winner.

Take the above example:

"Get 500% More Email Subscribers: Right Now
More than 15,000 astonished customers have maximised their list growth by 500% overnight"

The content draws you in as let's face it, who doesn't want to grow their list and who wants to WAIT for it.... they make it sound like a quick, easy, painless process and back it up with social proof (because 15,000 people can't be wrong right?)

Genius :)

I will get my post on colour live and work on a guide about headlines and content this weekend!

That example site you used seems absolutely perfect, Andy! It has everything and obviously, it works for them.

After reading your question about whether or not we've seen AIDA in action, I had to stop and think. I can't tell you where I've seen it but I feel that I must have, as I've come across some sites that accomplished everything on the AIDA checklist. I just wasn't aware that's what it was. Guess that's the point, or at least one of them. :)

banners
Back