The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using iFrame

moneydrop2021

I want to use iFrame but I wonder if there is a risk such as it won't be seen correctly on mobile devices. Any inputs will be appreciated.

You want to use an iFrame for what exactly? To display content to a client or to use it as a pixel for click tracking? A bit more info would be great, thanks!

Oh, ok. So you want to use an iFrame in lieu of an entire landing page?

While it's technically possible to do that, it's kind of an inflexible solution if you want the full functionality of a landing page. (assuming you don't own the domain/code you're using in the iframe) You won't be able to edit any of the code inside the iFrame, so you won't be able to add your own tracking links to the content. You could still however add code above or below the iFrame, and use CSS to position them where you want. (kind of an ugly hack)

You are right to be concerned about how it will display on all devices - it is completely dependent on the code embedded in that iFrame. So putting Site 1's page in an iFrame might look gorgeous on mobile, but then Site 2's page might not. Best way to figure it out is simply test it! Throw an iframe on a page, style it to fit the whole page, then load your page on a mobile device.

While it's not the mobile optimized site, it still renders well on an iPhone 6+:
HTML:
<iframe src="https://godaddy.com" style="height: 100%; width: 100%;"></iframe>

Won't display at all:
HTML:
<iframe src="https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/using-iframe.96278/" style="height: 100%; width: 100%;"></iframe>

You'll see that AffiliateFix doesn't allow you to embed their content in an iFrame, and they aren't the only site who does that. So something to keep in mind!

How complex is the landing page you want to embed in an iFrame? I ask because if there's limited server side functionality you need, then you might be better off just scraping the page. Assuming you're not violating any copyrights.

To make a long story short, I wouldn't recommend using an iFrame in lieu of a landing page. But if you really think it's a solution you want to pursue and perhaps I'm overcomplicating what you're trying to do, I'm happy to look at the page you're trying to embed to determine specifically how you can accomplish what you're looking for.

Thank you for your advice. I will take a look at the offer sales page first and then check if it is possible or not to use an iframe. I just think that some offers have appealing landing/sales page so there is no need to create my own landers.

Ah, well some offer owners might let you send traffic directly to their landing/sales page. They will likely ask you about the traffic source and possibly ask to see your ads (just to confirm you're making a good effort to curate potential customers). Definitely ask them before you invest the time in finding a work around

Ah, well some offer owners might let you send traffic directly to their landing/sales page. They will likely ask you about the traffic source and possibly ask to see your ads (just to confirm you're making a good effort to curate potential customers). Definitely ask them before you invest the time in finding a work around
Yeah That's right. That's why I have to check first if it is allowed or not to do direct promotion.

MI
Back