The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

US v. Facebook; HUD charges Facebook

Graybeard

The proverbial shit has hit the fans
HUD the US Department of Housing and Urban Development has filed charges against Facebook, Inc for violations of the Fair Housing Act.

>>>In the charging document, HUD accuses Facebook of unlawfully discriminating against people based on race, religion, familial status, disability and other characteristics that closely align with the 1968 Fair House Act's protected classes.
Housing Department Slaps Facebook With Discrimination Charge

Is Mark Zuckerberg about to become the next whipping boy @TheRealDonaldTrump on Twitter :D Stay tuned!

Looks like the smart money sold off Facebook stock already ;)
intraday.png

Good luck to the winners
Let the bodies hit the floor ...

My bet is this is orchestrated political drama ...
Plan 'B' time ;)

What?!? Wow, that's a stretch, isn't it? Yup, likely Mark is the next whipping boy. That's all I'll say about that.

I did hear on CNN this morning that FB is going to block all white nationalist accounts/conversations. I imagine they're pretty obvious in a lot of cases. No idea how they are supposed to stop disguised unfair housing practices. Honestly!

I don't know where the law will draw the line.
There is a right of free association and there are laws against outright discrimination under US Laws.

You can refuse to lend on a basis of creditworthiness.
You cannot refuse to lend in a race, sex or religion based decision.

The large banks actually have 'outreach programs' to make loans to financially responsible minority persons.

There are arguments to be made on both sides

The timing is good for me as I am creating what will be a large local zip code based website selling local ads CPM/CPC hybrid -- my competition just got their legs cut off ;)

Last edited:
SERIOUSLY-HOUSING-DISCRIMINATION.png

Seriously, so far this seems trending is all census tract areas
the data is compiled from CDMA reporting -- all lenders writing loans that are bought by government pools; FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

So who is fooling who? These are average to below average properties. So maybe there is something to it.

OK: I figured this out --
Zuckerburg's call for *Internet Regulation* was a Red Herring that he put forward.
Zuckerburg knows full well that the government would take forever to pass some new laws or enact new rules to regulate the Internet (endless debate and court challenges).

Zuckerberg is just playing for time by creating more confusion.

Scuttlebutt here in the Great White North a while back was that FB looked into setting up a HQ here but Ottawa (our capitol, seat of government) wouldn't give them free reign to collect data, all willy nilly and do they whatever they wanted with it.

Fact or fiction? No idea.

banners
Back