The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Uploading a new site problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

theage

Hello all,

Just signed up with 1and1, registered a domain, and purchased hosting.

Never uploaded a site before, this is to be my first.... unfortunately I can't get it to work :(

I uploaded my home page to the server, though whenever I try to access my website, I still come across the generic 'error', and search engine page. Error 404, not found!

I went on a deleting spree of the already existing folders in the server, perhaps I deleted something needed?

So now all that is left is a 'Log' folder, my Homepage, and an image file, which should be part of the Homepage (Homepage uploaded from Dreamweaver, and a seperate program on different attempts).

Any ideas where i'm going wrong? Do I need to tell my website to automatically open the 'Home.html' page?

Does the website take time to change after having uploaded files?

Thanks a bunch,

Adrian Norman,
Glad to be on board :D

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to 5 Star. Sorry but even though I've done it, it would take a writing a book for me to try to explain. There are tons of free resources. The 1st few times I built sites back in 2001 or whenever, the web host always had tutorials.

Here is Google search I did with some free resources than may help.
web publishing tutorial - Google Search

Have you changed the DNS servers? Most likely they are already pointing to the host since you registered the domain at the same place, but double check with 1&1 to ensure the DNS set up is correct.

Yeh the DNS servers are a common problem..Perhaps there's a linking error to the main page on your site. Its probably something minor ..one of those elusive ones :)

while uploading with DNS server means it will create this kind of problem only.plz try to uploading using FTP server it is very easy and simple way.
this will save our time also.try it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back