The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

UKWW Group On Squidoo

Roo

affiliate
As discussed in another thread here that having a squidoo group for all members here to submit lenses to could be a good idea, I've set a group up for you all. You can find this here - UK Webmasters World Headquarters on Squidoo

It's still pretty much under construction, and if I get some submissions over the weekend I'll tidy it up and add them to the page.

Each 'lensmaster' will get up to 5 'featured lenses' shown on the group page, though there is no limit to the number you can submit. If you have more than 5, I think this thread may be the best place to say which lenses you want featured, or which you don't!

Please can you make sure that you have a profile picture and lens picture loaded on squidoo.

Any questions please ask away, though am likely to be busy here 'til evening!

Both of you now have a little section on the page showcasing your lenses. If you want to add a small bio, or intro text, feel free to either post here, or pm me it. Feel free to include a URL too! This bit will appear above your lenses.

Me too.... I will also get two of my staff to join to boost the group. If anyone can do a blog about it, I will post it on a few blogs to gain more exposure.

Thanks for setting this up Roo.

Great to set something up that'd be appreciated!

Nice to have a few people submitting so quickly too! I've updated and am displaying all lensmasters 'featured' lenses. Feel free to pm me to update these as once you get more than 5 you may want to rotate the ones shown on the group page, it'd be good to post here when you've submitted your lens to the group as lens submissions are hidden somewhat and I have to hunt them out. Temi has also been added as a group admin so they can also approve submissions too, handy if I'm not around!

If I can just request that people do include images in their lens introduction, and upload an avatar or image for their profile, as featuring something with a default image looks a bit, well... crap! ;)

I've also added a feed from here, so you can keep uptodate with the latest posts on the forum, and possible attract others here too!

Is there a member here using the squidoo name 'Adio' here? They've submitted a lens to the group, but I can't find them here.

If you are submitting a lens and using a different squidoo name to your UKWW screen name, please do drop me a line, or post here so I don't reject it.

Its one of my guys, he goes by the name Lovely in this forum, he not online til tomorrow afternoon.

Is there a member here using the squidoo name 'Adio' here? They've submitted a lens to the group, but I can't find them here.

If you are submitting a lens and using a different squidoo name to your UKWW screen name, please do drop me a line, or post here so I don't reject it.

Thanks for that Temi, I don't wanna be admitting just anyone to the group! ;) I've added them now and featuring their lens, they could do with updating their squidoo profile and adding an image unless they like being an orange man!!

Temi, I've added you as group admin, so feel free to explore this, you should have options to manage it from your groups tab. If you want to add some info about UKWW you could do it this way, or if you like just pm me the text and an image url and I'll post them as I imagine you have enough to do already! ;)

Also, there's a couple more 'requests' for those without images, either for profile or lens, if you could add some it would make your lens display better in squidoo search results, and make the group page look a little better.

Roo,
Thanks very much, I will encourage all members without lens or profile image to add some images, I maybe guilty of this as well, I will take action right away.
Thanks for the admin privileges, I will explore it and add more info to help the group flourish :)

Thanks Darkstar, though I can add you as a featured lensmaster, and add your lens to featured lenses, until you actually submit it to the group (submissions can only be made once it is published - green tick next to it on dashboard) it won't show on the list of lenses in the group. So please do come back and submit once it shows as published.

I have also joined the group, but still developing the lens now.

Thanks,
Dks.

I've just reviewed your submission, unfortunately I don't feel it can be accepted into the group as it has no content at all currently. Usually squidoo will only 'publish' if a lens has a minimum content, so not sure whether you deleted the content after publishing or what?

I hope you understand the reasons for this current rejection, I feel that it's a bit like pointing a link at a blank page or invalid url so don't feel I can accept it currently. Please do resubmit when you have some content on it though, and fill out your squidoo profile and uploading a profile image will also be a great help! :)

Also -

A Note To ALL Lensmasters -

Please have an image in your intro module or you get the default image, which won't encourage any internal traffic. An image on Profile would be good too! As would allowing the 'contact me' option.

Naming of Modules -

Squidoo will penalise your lens on the ranking algorithm for having 'default' titles on your modules, so do change them from "New Guestbook", "New Amazon" Etc,, The same also goes for 'blank' modules, don't show a module if it contains no content, not only does it make the page look unfinished, it will lower your lensrank.

Thanks all for the submissions so far, it's been fun checking them out and seeing the diversity out there!

Ive just looked at my lens and ive jumped above all the other Tottenham lenses already and sitting on a rank of 17,245 is that normal for a lens thats only been online a day or 2 ?

Ive just looked at my lens and ive jumped above all the other Tottenham lenses already and sitting on a rank of 17,245 is that normal for a lens thats only been online a day or 2 ?

Well, all the other do not have the benefit of a squidoo guru like Roo coaching them :)

Ah that is true :)

:blush: If only it was just down to my advice and guidance! ;)

Newly published lenses if published with all the basics (image, tags, module titles, etc) do usually enter the lensranking between 15-20,000. Though if they don't get any visits or interaction they will drop like a stone in rankings, which is probably why the other spurs ones are low ranking.

If this forum your plugging has an rss feed, add an rss module to the lens so people can see what's being discussed. I added an rss feed from here to the group to give you an idea of how this works.

The group now stands at 10members, and 30 lenses! :dance2:

All new group members will be added to a featured lensmaster module and have their lens appear in a featured module, if only one lens is submitted you'll share a featured lenses module, 2 or more and you get your own featured module.

Thanks to Roo - I am finding Squidoo addicting - I have made another lens on Manipal ( it is a small town in South India) & joined the UKWWW group. See Manipal Tourism.

Much Appreciated, Roo!

MI
Back