The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

UK SEO Forums

temi

affiliate
This thread is purely an experiment to see how high this thread would rank for the keyword uk search engine optimisation forums (seo forums) in 4 weeks from today 4th of February.
To join the game, add to the post, but you post must contain the aforementioned keywords, used in a creative way.
Join in the fun and enjoy!

Ok, since we talk about SEO, I think that every member should list at least one point about SEO that he/she thinks is very important, I have started a list of my tips and tricks related to SEO

My 1st point is: I think that repeating keywords in the title element as I see many websites do can be penalised by search engines rather then helping to improve your ranking

Good point. Something that I recently learned about SEO is that the use of an underscore(_) in the URL concatenates the word, multiple words put together using the underscore are seen as a single word. The best thing to use in URL's or file names is the hyphen(-).

My 1st point is: I think that repeating keywords in the title element as I see many websites do can be penalised by search engines rather then helping to improve your ranking

Maxseo, I think that if you also do not repeate the keywords enough you site will not be well ranked for that keywords.

Some of the online tools that are supposed to help test how ready your site is actually recommends that you use your target keywords X amount of times in the title, maximum of how many times do you think the targed keywords should be used in the title?

Software can only help SEO a single page. Search Engine Optimisation is a 'whole site; thing rather than a page by page thing.

Maxseo, I think that if you also do not repeate the keywords enough you site will not be well ranked for that keywords.

Some of the online tools that are supposed to help test how ready your site is actually recommends that you use your target keywords X amount of times in the title, maximum of how many times do you think the targed keywords should be used in the title?

I found that mix:

1 keyword phrase in the title, one in h1 and one in paragraph does very well, and staffing keywords in the title can only spoil it for my Search engine optimisation

Or, more commonly used, uk SEO forum. SEO is searched more than the spelled out version "search engine optimisation/optimization", and forum is helpful when you want to target both keywords "forum" and "forums".

Actually I think this site is one of the best UK search engine optimisation forums. It's the only UK only site I belong to, the rest are all international.

I guess the reason is that SEO can't be focused on UK only search engines it is generally very international. The only way to focus on the UK is with a .co.uk domain name.

This is an update on this experiment, as at today: 17 March 2007, this thead ranked in google.co.uk as follows:
i. keyword "uk seo forums" page 2 position 7 :)
ii. keyword " uk search engine optimisation forums" not in the top ten pages :(
Well, the experiment continues till the second keyword gets to top 10 pages.

Thanks for that Kevgibbo, very please our homepage is doing fine. I want to get this thread into top 10 pages for both "UK SEO Forums" and "SEO Forums UK" doing okay for the first keyword not doing very well for the second, guess I need to build more links using the second keyword.

banners
Back