The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

UK Google Rankings

hsc-online

affiliate
if you have .co.uk , you can host any server. because country level domain name indicate about your counter. so don't worry about uk hosting servers.

directory listing helps to index your site. But very less weight for SERP. if you can can keyword back links from directories that's better.

you can get links from any site related to you context. if you can get from uk base better.

I think there is one more very important task is missing. You may want to set UK as a geographic target for your site at the Google Webmaster Tools.

I think there is one more very important task is missing. You may want to set UK as a geographic target for your site at the Google Webmaster Tools.

I agree bagi, iv noticed no matter what tld you have, setting it in Google webmaster tools does the trick as i use a .ws & .everything really.

Server location IP resolving DOES affect rank, and as bagi said, get Uk set as location in webmaster tools. Also get Uk in some anchor text of links pointing to the home page.

to optimisate your site to google uk .
try getting some good link from UK sites ....and focuse on getting uk traffic

I don't very often dissagree with OWG, but in my experience, a .co.uk hosted in the UK or USA perform equaly well with or without setting the location in Webmaster Tools. Google by default makes the assumtion itself until told otherwise. Since the emergence of quality good value UK hosting has been readily available, it has not been much of an issue. However when it was disproportinately expensive to host in the UK, it was a common occurence. It did only affect UK targetted .com and other non UK tld sites and as far as I know that is still the case.

I do however stand to be corrected if someone can say with authority that a recent measured test proves otherwise.

What if you have a .com and you want to (primarily) target your site to the uk, but later make it more global.

I set up a .com site hosted in the uk on the basis that i was thinking about future growth. Are we suggesting that it will be near impossible for me to get good uk positioning with my .com??

there is another element in all this and that is that google geo locates users based on their ISp IP adresses. this is what can skew results badly. Also if google is 'iffy' about your geo location, when someone hit a 'UK ONLY' search you can get scored down.

Ideally I take no chances whatsoever, I ensure a site is a UK domain, on a Uk server, with UK set in GWT. belt and bracers me LOL

Are we suggesting that it will be near impossible for me to get good UK positioning with my .com??

Its not impossible at all but you might as well get everything as right as you can from the start.

If you plan to go global then buy a .com. If you don't then buy a .co.uk. If for some reason you accidentally go global then that's a totally different thread!

I ensure a site is a UK domain, on a UK server, with UK set in GWT
Best bit of advice in the thread!

banners
Back