The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

trexle.com worst directory on the net?

temi

affiliate
I recently paid $25 to trexle.com to list one of my sites, the site was buried in a directory that is 8 (EIGHT) folders deep (trexle.com/Directory/Top/Computers/Internet/Searching/Directories/Family_Friendly/)on the site with PR0. I complained to the site owner and I got the message below.
I was not asking to buy a link based on PR but I am was hoping at least my site will be listed on a page with some potential, even if the directory becomes PR8 which is unlikely there isn't that much benefit listing a site that deep on a web directory.
Apart from the fact that I will not be adding any more sites to that directory I do not advice anyone to add their site either.
Or do you guys think I am unreasonable and Hossam is right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temi,

We DONT sell text links based on Google PR.
As stated clearly, the $25 submission fees cover our editors costs and
it's paid whether your listing got approved or not.

With that said, I ensure you that posting your listing on the most
accurate category, will have a SEO value much more than posting it on a
high Google PR page with no relevant listings.

Cheers,
Hossam
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would have been better off giving $15 to me :p

My directory is only 3 level deep at most...although I don't have all that much traffic yet.

Hossan is not right because it is not the way to treat a customer, if you complain about the services, he must give your money back at least. Now he is burned...

But Temi, i think that the web directories are useful and increase the traffic of your website. You can find very interesting web directories for free either.

Ina

Thanks Ina, I don't necessarily want my money back but just don't want my link buried 8 folders deep. I had a similar experience with http://directory.intersites.co.uk/ but that was run by a nicer person, he responded positively to my concerns and moved my site one level up.

MI
Back