The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking?

Airik

affiliate
Well I'm assuming almost every PPC marketer can agree that Testing and Tracking are two of the most important aspects of PPC advertising. However, being unable to track leads to the inability to test. Which inevitability leads to not getting anything done.

So! basically I'm at a stand still. I've tried to do some research on how to go about tracking leads and which keywords convert but all of the information I find revolves around paying $150.00+ a month, which of course I am not willing to spend until I see some kind of decent converting campaign.

Now I can either make a campaign and hope it converts and then spend the $150.00+ to buy keyword tracking software. Or, if someone could point me in the right direction of some kind of free keyword tracking software I could prevent this major risk. :)

I know some merchants are willing to put a tracking pixel on their thank you page but so far the couple I've contacted haven't replied and I'd rather not have to wait to start promoting these products.

I did a search on the forums and I came up with a post which talks about Tracking202 and Prospect202. They both appear free however, some of the tutorials I've read discuss things I don't quite understand on the affiliates ID part. Is there some tutorial I could get a link to explaining all the tracking information? Such as the differences between SubIDs... and how to set up all that stuff?

"Is there some tutorial I could get a link to explaining all the tracking information? Such as the differences between SubIDs... and how to set up all that stuff?"

I don't do affiliate PPC myself so have never done any of this personally, but I'm pretty sure setting up the subids would depend on which network you are working with so you will probably need to look at their tutorial because setting up tracking links with each network could be different.

Then Tracking 202 or Prosper 202 (depending on which one you are going to use) should have documentation on their end too.

Hmmmm.... now this poses a question! If you don't do email marketing, article marketing, or PPC what the HECK do you do? :p

I'm going to try to check out some network websites and see what I come up with. I really don't know how to ask the correct question for the answer I'm seeking... maybe I'll think of how to word it for it to make sense. Thanks for your reply nevertheless!

Hmmmm.... now this poses a question! If you don't do email marketing, article marketing, or PPC what the HECK do you do? :p

I'm not an affiliate, my primary business is being an affiliate management consultant. But on the side (at no charge) I help teach affiliates how to do affiliate marketing. I know lots about the business in general and pass on all the resources I find, but since I don't hands on experience in certain aspects of the business, I don't have the techy detail answers to certain things.

Oh and I do PPC all the time and know quite a lot about it. I just don't do PPC affiliate marketing, I only do regular PPC.

Hope that helps clarify.

Actually i don't have much idea about PPC..But by your conversation i got some knowledge on it, i think anything is possible with all of you guys.....Thanks for sharing...

banners
Back