The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking of returning traffic

TheTallGuy

Hi All!

So for our business (adult sites) we buy traffic from other tube sites with pre-payment of 1/6/12 months... normally we buy this for a high CPM/Pre-payment, but we would like to know when we buy that traffic, if the traffic also comes back from that particular buy... so if it becomes recurring... How can we track within Google Analytics (for example) if the traffic which comes back, is from that earlier buy of a month before?

I know when a user deletes the cookie, i most likely will also lose the option to track it... but a small indication would already be helpful for us.

GPS+device+User-agent(s)+screen resolution+IEMI+os+?<<< then database it all :eek:
how many racks of servers do you have? Cloud DB Storage maybe
or there are services that will do this (at a price) out there too

Server space isn't the issue, and we don't need to keep the data for months without end... But beside IEMI number, i don't see what 'GPS+device+User-agent(s)+screen resolution+OS' can tell me its the same user of a month ago ? as GPS can change, and the other stuff can also be the same as that of other users

Check out fingerprint2.js -- which is sort of along the lines of what @Graybeard was suggesting but wrapped up in a package that makes the hash for you.

Click "Click here to generate your fingerprint" on the bottom of their site for the example.

View attachment 14806

This highlighted string is what you will store in the db along with associated cost for each event, what the event was, etc.

Good point. And if you ever want some privacy look at the issues on the fingerprintjs2 github for the latest ways to beat it :D. For some reason firefox's privacy.resistfingerprinting doesn't seem to. Which makes me wonder what the point of it is. But I suppose it's a best chance fallback behind cookies and IP. Does the fingerprintjs2 hash change for you if you stay in chrome? We should make a test page. A probably *not* gdpr compliant test page.

Aaron, I read Google Chrome will start hiding a lot of info that can be used for 'fingerprinting' that has been used for years now ;)
e other stuff can also be the same as that of other users
not a 85%+ combination in one browser -- it is a subjective assumption, granted. I use 5 devices on this office router's IP -- its GPS is revealed by my phone (at times) the router is immobile. Not perfect but we are only able to deal with probability with fingerprinting algorithms.

What do you think that Facebook beacon does? LOL I block it with software but 70% of people don't even know it is there tracking them cross domains.

Check out fingerprint2.js -- which is sort of along the lines of what @Graybeard was suggesting but wrapped up in a package that makes the hash for you.

Click "Click here to generate your fingerprint" on the bottom of their site for the example.

View attachment 14806

This highlighted string is what you will store in the db along with associated cost for each event, what the event was, etc.

View attachment 14806 doesnt open for me btw, dont seem to have the rights for it.

Valve/fingerprintjs2

good luck to the winners :)

PHP: ip2long - Manual

cookies + database effective 50% to 80% maybe.

social engineering + a rewards + user login/registration might be 98%?

The internet may be the information highway but there are no license plates, registrations and driver licenses to check. Identifying a (semi)autonomous user is never going to be easy. In your case it is only a question of productivity and nothing sinister --I am simpatico ...

Last edited:
MI
Back