The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Top 5 most common mistakes with do-it-yourself SEO

sarabjit

affiliate
Search engine optimization or SEO is very necessary for all websites to reach a good ranking on top search engines. Some people contact professionals and the experienced to optimize their websites while others find it ideal to do it themselves. The other option is good because this can save a lot of money for most people across the globe.

However, most people tend to make a lot of mistakes when it comes to a do-it-yourselfer. This makes them stay deprived of the benefits of SEO that they may have otherwise enjoyed.

Here are top five most common mistakes one may commit with do-it-yourself SEO:

Keyword tag:
Remember that a keyword tag is only for keywords. Now, this doesn’t mean that it is for any keyword. Don’t stuff keyword tag into your website entirely. Do not enter more then 20 words in a tag and never repeat a word more than thrice.

Abstract tag:
This tag is used as a replacement or can be combined with a description tag. However, most people tend to stuff it to their websites. Never ever make this mistake.

Description tag:
This tag is supposed to describe what the page is all about. Remember that there is a description for using this tag as well. The limit should be around 20-25.

Title tag:
This is known to be the most important tag. This is the first tag a search engine actually reads. Never make a mistake of add a company name in the beginning of this tag. The tag should not exceed sixty characters.

Content:
No crap. The content should be relevant.

Let us know if you need any SEO related services. We guarantee that we can enhance the SERPs of your websites.

Can you provide some off page tips also. this is what you have described only on page tips and seo can not complete without on page.
regards
John

Agreed with the author..Title tag should have the main keyword of your topic...:goodjobsign:

Thanks for the Article..

Thanks

The most common mistake I see is people over using targeted keywords in their content.

The next most common is for all pages to feature the same keywords in many page titles and descriptions.

I would also say the the keywords meta-tag is virtually irelevant now.

Abstract tag

Can you please tell us more about abstract tag. I haven't heard about it before.

second, I don't know any abstract tag. Not a word from a sound SEO professional and he has only 1 post why should I bother

Here are top five most common mistakes one may commit with do-it-yourself SEO:

Abstract tag:
This tag is used as a replacement or can be combined with a description tag. However, most people tend to stuff it to their websites. Never ever make this mistake.

I've have seen this before it's just a summary of your description tag, but I think SE's doesn't care about this tag anymore plus its just a waste of line in your code... :)

That is a good article, I just have to qoute that line out... :whistling:

Since whatever you have written in the above post is only about the META of the page. If we opt for the off page optimization, what else mistakes we may meet with, you won't elaborate that. Could you please let us know it if possible?

I would like agree with your pin points. I thinks there are the most common mistakes witch occurs many time during SEO.
The most common mistake I see is people over using targeted keywords in their content.

Awesome! This stuff is really useful for seo. I don't had any idea about some of them point witch you have mentioned above.Thanks for sharing this incredible post.

MI
Back