The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tomcat

O

ovi

Has anyone of you have try Tomcat? I have try Tomcat server is slow when delivering static contents. Is this true?

Ovi

ovi said:
Has anyone of you have try Tomcat? I have try Tomcat server is slow when delivering static contents. Is this true?

AFAIK Tomcat is used for delivering dynamic content (Java based server-side applications) and not static content hence it is definitely not optimised for delivering static content. If you want a web server performant at delivering static content you should rather take a look at Boa (http://www.boa.org/), rather than Tomcat...

10X

Thanks a lot Alex, I never use before Tomcat or Boa but definitely I will try to see, and I will let you know my impression. Anyway, I will do this when I will have time.
Ovi

Re: 10X

ovi said:
Thanks a lot Alex, I never use before Tomcat or Boa but definitely I will try to see, and I will let you know my impression. Anyway, I will do this when I will have time.

You're welcome Ovi :)
I'l be really interested in your impression about Boa, it's one of my favourite web servers along with tiny (which unfortunately only has a Windows version) and of course Apache.

:)

Apache rulz :) I promiss that i will try Boa, I heard also from many others that is very nice.

Ovi

MI
Back