The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

To Blog or not to Blog???

Just took a quick look at your blog and you are on the right track. Just keep blogging. A couple ideas and tips.

Keywords in your title and then the same ones in the body are super important for getting search engine traffic..

Scan other diet and fitness blogs and the news and comment on something someone else wrote about that would be interesting to your readers.

Example: <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2007/06/17/strategy-evolving-affiliate-space/">Strategy for Surviving in the Evolving Affiliate Space</a>

I do it all the time. Find something interesting, newsworthy, good tip... Expand on it, copy a paragraph, add a link to it. Then you don't have to come up with all the ideas and copy. Plus it creates links out and links back from the blogs you quote. Be SURE you use a trackback.

Find out what the hot new diets or products are and write about them even if you arent an affiliate. Adding recipes sometimes like you are doing is good.

Ever thought about writing about you? How do you FEEL when you are having a "fat" day? How do you FEEL when you can get into those old pants you wore in high school. Yippee! Whatever...

Have fun, write from the heart and put more of yourself into it. Others that feel the same may find themselves strangely attracted to your blog and anxious to hear what you have to say the next day. Plus blogging can be great therapy, so let it out!

Here! Here! Some great tips, Linda.

One other thing I noticed is that the link to the blog wasn't prominent on the website. Maybe I'm the only one (I could just be slow...wouldn't be the first time LOL), but it took me a lot of searching to discover the link to blog (mainly because I was looking for in mixed in with your regular navigation). Moving it may increase the visitors, too.

~ Teli

Good point. I had the same problem finding it.
If we know what we're looking for and have a hard time,
not many of your users will stumble across it.
Agree it needs to be in your top nav.

No, I didn't know that -- thank you. (And Teli, thank YOU, as well!) I've made some notes here and plan to utilize whatever suggestions I am capable of. I need to set aside a good chunk of time to really focus on this and hopefully I can make sense out of it all.

MI
Back