The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

To Blog On A Blogging Domain Or Not?

espmartin

affiliate
The blogs that I have setup have all been done on individual domains, and not
the free ones such as blogger.com, wordpress.com, etc. I actually have just
one blog account like that, but it's only used to generate my WordPress API.

I DO know the benefits of blogging about your sites via an off-site blog, but I
wanted to as a simpler question, which is simply: Do you blog on a free
domain, or your own?

I blog on blogger. My posts get indexed in Google in under 30 minutes

Wow. Is it like that for everybody and even people on wordpress? I'm still waiting for my blog to show up in the index. :(

Currently I have a new domain, rather than my wordpress blog, but it seems easier (and cheaper) to just use the blog domain. I guess I will decide that when I start a new blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest advantage for free hosted blog over own domain is that it can be set up within minutes and used for temporary projects.

For example look how many of our SEOcontest2008 participants are using free blogs.
2 month from now most of these blogs will be abandoned with no hard feelings but if it was your own domain you would probably think twice before dropping it.

From the promotional point of view there is not a big difference since most visitors are coming in from links pointing to your site and not direct type-ins...

Own domain is always better, as it gives you more freedom. However, I also have a few free Wordpress.com and blogspot blogs that I'm using for not so important blogs that are fine free. I'm also using them for SEO experiments. :)

I blog on my own domain.... i run more than 90+ domain names which i still have to develop on different niches.

i believe its worth it if you own the domain name, in the long term you can say its your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al mine are on my own domains it gives you more flexibility and you can hang different scripts off it e.g forums and directories... I really like Wordpress and Wordpressmu great compared to moveabletype imho, but I guess that is anther discussion.

banners
Back