The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Tired of Reading...

Aimsopp

Ok, Pretty much i need a Sensay, Guide, roll model... or one direct person to talk to... I've tried so many different things so far and up till now... they are all pointless and amount to nothing... im the same old story you here about day in and day out. I'm that Fish in the sea of "********" should we call it?
Anyway, I have the right Tools, Motivation, Internet savyness and skills.
Currently "running" my own web page with 0 content. Is there anyone willing to take me on as a project and mold me into shape and be my guide into this "seems like" wonderful world of Affiliate Marketing? Im a fast learner and im better at learning hands on anyway. SO anyone, Please.. Please pluuuease! Help me become what has been set forth...

Thanks,
Joshua Allen

Joshua, this is a question that gets asked fairly often. However there is another route you can take that could be a very big help to you, and I'll get to that shortly.

But first, finding your personal guide isn't going to be all that easy. People are busy doing their own thing. The type of person you are looking for is likely one who is going to charge you money and the amount isn't going to be small.

I don't know what you've been reading, but from what you said, it sounds like you've been reading the wrong things. Likely the writings of people telling people how easy it is to get rich while also trying to promote things that they have to offer you.

I've been making money online now for almost 12 years and I've always done it full-time. I've seen people come and go. I've made mistakes and learned from my mistakes. I have seen others do the same.

Also I have seen people come to communities when they were completely frustrated and were able to learn enough from participation to see their dreams come true.

That isn't a tall tale. It does happen. A person just needs to be patient and realize that things take a while. They then need to deal with each problem they have and seek a solution to that problem. The idea is to learn as much as possible and put what is learned into practice.

If you are in the right community, this can be done. I think 5 Star is such a community. There are people here who do help people. It is a community of people helping each other. There are some members here who have become very successful and just like to give back by helping others. I'm not trying to say they all became successful because of 5 Star.

You ask questions and you get answers without people trying to sell you anything. Besides it is against the rules and we try to make sure that the rules are followed.

You need to take things one step at a time. Ask the right questions and go from there.

In some cases there is no single right answer. You might get suggestions from several different people and all of them will be good suggestions. You would need to see which you feel is best for you. Actually you will end up having several guides helping you.

To address something you mentioned in another post, I recently saw a study which surprised some people because the adult sites make up slightly less than 1 percent of the sites. So they don't dominate like some people think.

The fist thing that caught my attention was this statement from you.
Currently "running" my own web page with 0 content.
That is one of the first issues that needs to be address.

Why don't you have any content? It could be because you haven't decided what you want the site to be about. Maybe you even have something in mind that isn't a very good idea.

It is often very helpful to have a site that is about something you have knowledge about or an interest in.

What you should probably do is concentrate on getting a site with some content. You need to give us information and ask some questions so we can help you. Our members might also ask you questions in order to give you helpful information.

Give full details about the site you have in mind. Tell us enough so we can help you. People will even be able to give you some ideas as to how to come up with the right niche.

It is going to involve doing some reading. But you will be reading what was written by people who are willing to help you.

So, see if you can tell us as much as you can about your website that has no content and see what our members can do to help you do what is needed so that you will have a site with content.

There will be more steps to be taken after that problem is solved. But we need to solve that big important problem before moving to other problems.

You will receive very good help here. All you need to do is just ask questions and give us enough information in order for us to be helpful to you.

Currently im not completely aware of what i want the site to be about... obviously lol... the reason i decided to get the site was about 6 months to a year ago, shamefully i attempted "the rich jerk" e-book... using my resources i didn't pay for that crap thank god... but have now invested in a web page iv pretty much done nothing with... heres some ideas iv had for it that im ether interested in or have some knowledge base on.

A Music web site.
Music Instruments.
Maybe a Tutorial Page for Affiliate Marketing... (aka basic as it can get tutorials to help ppl get pointed in the right directions, Define all these "ppc's" and other short hand terms that might through a lot of ppl off like myself.)
Maybe an Art page. (pretty good with adobe photoshop and my gf is good with a camera).
Theres a few ideas but none of which i personally would think there would be a market for a vast variety of products i could up sale discreetly.

My "page" or layout lol... should be in my sig...

Wow Larry, great post and great advice.

I WISH there were people in this business that would be mentors and do one-on one training, it's in huge demand - but is not a practical solution for a couple reasons. Larwee touched on many of them. Here are a couple more.

1) Pros are busy making money for themselves. Many of them like Ros Gardner, Shawn Collins, Anik Singal, Jeremy Palmer and others do offer lots of support and ideas to help people but no one GOOD that I know offers one-on-one.

2) Newbies typically can't pay anything, certainly not enough to make up for what a pro would make putting that time into their own sites.

3) There is no one-size fits all magic training, sure-fire system, step-by-step course that works for everyone. If there was, then everyone would be doing it and there would be too much competition to make any money.

3) There is NO shortcut to success
There is NO shortcut to success
There is NO shortcut to success

You'll hear me saying that over and over!

Larry is right you are in the rignt place to learn. But you need to read, roll up your sleeves, get dirty, learn by trial and error and work REALLY hard. It won't come easy. If you want hand holding training then you need to go to a local college and learn to be a dental hygenist or another skill that can be taught. There are lots of GREAT courses that teach affiliate marketing but none of them work for everyone and none of them are complete.

Affiliate Guild offers lots of FREE training. It won't give you a one-on-one mentor - which does not exist in this biz. www.affiliate-guild.com

Also check into www.affiliateclassroom.com which offers good training for a fee but you can get a 2 week trial to test it and see if it's right for you.

Hope this helps and isnt too discouraging but here you will get the truth.
The truth is - it's not easy and there is no shorcut to success. :p

But if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty,
we are here to help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimsopp, possibly someone will give you some advice directly related to what you've said about a music web site. If not, I might do so a little later. But something caught my attention that I want to mention right away.

You have Google AdSense ads on your "site". AdSense has the potential to really help you make some very good money. You want to do what you can to remain with AdSense.

Some pages have only 3 or 4 words while others have no content at all, but AdSense ads on them. That is against Google's terms. I would either remove the AdSense ads until I had some content, or put some content on them. Even if it isn't what you really want for right now. Come up with something quick that is music related and put it there until you can decide what you really want.

I wouldn't normally suggest anything like this, but you want to remain on good terms with Google in order to continue to be able to use AdSense. I would hate for anyone to lose the potential to earn with AdSense. This is something you need to take care of very quickly.

lol... damn.. thos have been up there for awhile now! i better take that stuff down then... i wouldnt really call it content, i was just testing the news system i was trying to implement for my gf... but she hasnt done anything with the page anyway so im stealing it back from her lol...

I noticed you guys have zZounds as a 5 star Affiliate program... do you think this is somthing i should focus on and learn from? Im Highly in the music "industry" and surround myself in music and ppl that play music.

BTW... Lawree... SLEEEEEEEP.. its healthy LOL

Aimsopp, all of the affiliate programs Linda has listed here are top notch for affiliates. So, yes ... zZounds would be a good start.

But the affiliate program is usually only going to give you banner ads and text ads ... most don't provide the content part.

Here's my advice, do a search on "free rewrite articles." Pick a one, go there, search on your keywords ... not sure what they are for you, but an example would be "music" ... be as specific in the keywords as you can. Music might be too general. Let me know if that's not clear.

Grab yourself some articles. You must publish articles with the author's signature at the bottom. Give credit for the content where credit is due.

Now, keep yourself out of trouble with Google (great advice Larry). You have to write some content too. You need to have about 20-40% of the content on the page be unique. On every page!

So, if I were you I'd write a few paragraphs about the article's topic, maybe getting a little focused on the keywords you're going for on that page. Definately use your keywords as the anchor text for the affiliate program's links.

Meaning, if you're talking about electric guitars on a page and have an article on electric guitars, then in the part you write, link the words "electric guitars" to the affiliate program's link to their electric guitars. See?

You can't touch the content of the author's article. It's a matter of honor on that reguard. It's your way of valuing that author giving you free content.

Basically, you're writing an intro to the article and you need to make a clear distinction between what you're writing and what the other guy wrote. This should resolve your content issues for now.

It's a lot of work, but that's how it's done. Dig in!

And Linda's right, I don't offer any one-on-one tutoring at Affiliate Guild ... yet! If you guys think that's something I should do sooner rather than later, then let me know. I would have to charge a fee, but I also could keep it reasonable. Affiliate Guild has a complete school already in place, so it's not that hard to do.

You might have read my posts about the Affiliate Marketers Bootcamp. Taking this course is really helping me to be more aware of what the newer affiliate's needs are. It's all information I already know, but it's always good to hear it again. I'll be blogging and posting about things I think could benefit others. Maybe some of that will help you as well?!

The whole one on one thing was more like a contact person... write them a question get an answer rather then write a post and get a large amount of dif views on how to do somthing. But what im seeing so far is alot of your views are pretty much the same just with dif Insight. Which is Great!
Anyway Back to life... lol The work world calls apon me and i must continue my 40 hour normal life work week! Yay... :( lol... Man im absolutly loving these forums so far! you guys are frikn... (i say frikn becuase i noticed it filters slander! lol) AWSOME! Anyway I shall Return Sooner then later, im actuly motivated now to get to work on my page!

Another question befor i run off...
What is Datafeeds? Is it like you put in a php script into a frame on your page and the site contaning the feed will pretty much feed your web site with "content" that your affiliated with?

See you guys tonight!
Later,
Joshua Allen

A word of advice, you're getting ahead of yourself starting to think about datafeeds until you master the basics and get a website built.

With that said, when you're ready to start learning more about datafeeds, Linda has a forum dedicated to that: Datafeeds Forum

Joshua, I am the person responsible for that filter.

I consider myself a reasonable man, but that filter is there to serve a useful purpose. Yes, it is for slander, profanity and just plan dirty talk. None of that serves a useful purpose and certainly doesn't make 5 Star a better community.

Most members seem to be glad that we have the filter. It sounds as if you also like the fact that certain words are filtered.

lol i was just curious as to what Data Feed could bring... Pros cons... you know? And i can go ether way on the filter as i have a bad bad habbit... lol

In my opinion, they key to success is focus and action. You have to make a plan and stick to it and not be distracted by the next great thing.

Guys,

I'm even newer than Joshua in terms of knowing the technology and jargon. I will be the 1st to say that I've had EXTREMELY good cordiality and encouragement, however, the questions that I've posted (Linda reposted in proper forum for me) haven't gotten ANY response thus far. I'm willing to read, but WOW, there is SOOO MUCH how am I supposed to keep focused on 1 task. As I've said before, I'm growing in confidence that my topic (which I'm keeping secret) and format will work GREAT. I posted a thread on Forum4Bloggers for beginners there as well without too much response either. Believe me, I understand there isn't a lot of time for hand-holding, and I'm more of a visual learner, so pictures or screenshots would be a Godsend. I'm having the most trouble understanding the relationships of what the various technologies are, and how they work together. I promise I'll go to the Affiliate Guild and Aff. Classroom before going any further. However, if someone, Larwee, Linda, anyone could recommend something of a brief "10-12 stepper" (for lack of better phrase) program that outlines the order of what I need to do I'll wash everyone's dishes for a month. OK! I know that won't fly, but it was the best I could come up with right now.

Tanx Again,
KC :D

That's a fair question. Actually, I'm kind of in Joshua's shoes in that I'm a drummer(40 yrs.)/writer(12 yrs.)/singer(25 yrs.)/"producer"(10 yrs.) that writes my own Christian material. I very much want to integrate my faith into the practical, everyday world of making music. I've been told by everyone that's seen my article/essay writing that I've definitely got a calling there as well. I've been in computer tech support (level 1) for some years so I can absorb the technology very quickly if I just see it, and see how it's applied. I also have a really good knack for seeing applications of conventional technologies that a lot of other people miss sometimes.
OK! Goals. I just wanted to let you know a little about my capabilities before I put forth my goals. I would love to do this full time, and make at least $35k/yr. I don't intend to stop there, but after the last few DRYYY years I've had that would be TALL cotton. I've considered doing a blog on Customer Service since I've done it for 20 yrs. on several different levels in several different industries, not to mention the fact that SOO many of the companies that I work for and buy from are suffering SOO much from POOR Customer Service. It's a shame when it's so easy to do. My only hesitancy is that I've never been a mid to top level manager, so I'm sure I'd get shot down pretty quick, understandably, by someone from that community. On the other hand, I don't know of anyone with that experience that wants to share a blog with me. I would think a blog on that subject done well could make BUNCHES of BOAT LOADS of $$$, since Customer Service is the ONE DIRE necessity EVERY biz HAS to have at some point.
Anyhoo, gotta run to my BORING tech support gig.

Thanks,
KC

King Conga said:
Guys,

I'm even newer than Joshua in terms of knowing the technology and jargon. I will be the 1st to say that I've had EXTREMELY good cordiality and encouragement, however, the questions that I've posted (Linda reposted in proper forum for me) haven't gotten ANY response thus far. I'm willing to read, but WOW, there is SOOO MUCH how am I supposed to keep focused on 1 task. As I've said before, I'm growing in confidence that my topic (which I'm keeping secret) and format will work GREAT. I posted a thread on Forum4Bloggers for beginners there as well without too much response either. Believe me, I understand there isn't a lot of time for hand-holding, and I'm more of a visual learner, so pictures or screenshots would be a Godsend. I'm having the most trouble understanding the relationships of what the various technologies are, and how they work together. I promise I'll go to the Affiliate Guild and Aff. Classroom before going any further. However, if someone, Larwee, Linda, anyone could recommend something of a brief "10-12 stepper" (for lack of better phrase) program that outlines the order of what I need to do I'll wash everyone's dishes for a month. OK! I know that won't fly, but it was the best I could come up with right now.

Tanx Again,
KC :D

I just posted to your original list of questions. Hope it helps! Sorry we over looked you mate!

Don't take this the wrong way, but you say you're willing to read, but you're asking a lot of questions about stuff there are plenty of reading materials on.

I really would urge you to dig in deeper. You can go to Affiliate Guild and get free classes to answer all of these questions ... all for the price of reading time!

I'd like to see you go read and while reading, if something is unclear to you, that's when you should come ask your questions so we can help guide you.

:D With that nudge, bring back your best questions and we'll see if we can't keep you in the know.

Ok,
So i have a product... actually many products... which in turn are my own designs... I have a host for my website and its already pretty much structured. Here is a couple more questions :)

1: I want to start an Opt-In Mailing list for my web page. Does anyone know of a web site with some PHP that can get my page set up with a Mailing List? (Please no Bravenet or anything like that...)

2: It?s a T-shirt website, saying this was wondering if you guys have any ideas on articles i could write about to get ppl directed to my website - mailing list? The only type of Article I could think of writing just happens to be Graphic Design Help Articles with a link to the "example" of the art on my tee shirts lol... or are there special groups that I am over looking that focus on tee shirt love?

Thanks for any help on this :)

1: aweber, constant comet, ... there are a number of email service providers out there for you ... they all will cost you though.

2: articles huh ... well, why not write about what inspired each design ... just tell a story. people enjoy that as much as reading articles ... actually maybe more.

other option is to visit free reprint article directories and get some ideas from what others haave written on the topic.

best wishes,

thx thx, I dont really get inspired to do the art i do... id say 99% of the time i just felt like messing around in Photoshop and end up making somthing pretty cool lol... But as far as t-shirt designs go its a bit dif... but same consept.

MI
Back