The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Things You Should Know About Thomas Edison

Here is a AWESOME theothmeal comic about Tesla, which also rages at Edison for stuff he has done - namely for being more like a CEO and into business aspect of stuff, rather than a scientist:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Yes that is extremely true. I know many here are fan of Thomas Edison but the truth is because of money why Edison made him popular.

"Tesla moved to the United States in 1884. When he arrived, he worked as an assistant to Thomas Edison, then in his late 30's. Edison had just invented the electric light bulb, but he needed a system to distribute electricity to houses. He designed a DC (direct current) system, but it had many bugs in it. Edison promised Tesla lots of money in bonuses if he could get the bugs out. Tesla took the challenge and ended up saving Edison over $100,000, which was millions of dollars by today's standards. Edison later refused to keep his promise. Tesla quit not long after that, and Edison spent the rest of his life trying to discredit Tesla (which is the main reason why he is so unknown today)."

I know many here are fan of Thomas Edison but the truth is because of money why Edison made him popular.
Edison was a genius on his field and that is NOT science, he was a Investor, the truth is he is not the creator of almost 1000 patents that he own, but he hired qualified employes like Tesla. The light bulb is one of the things that he took the credit for but is unlikely that he made the test on thousands of materials for the filament.
The bonus that promissed to Tesla for fixing some bugs (I thing was 50k) wasn´t paid because he said was a "Joke".
And because was lossing the AC/DC war started playing dirty killing elephants, dogs and people with DC.

Tesla joined with the main competitor (Westinghouse) of Edison and started a suits war and Tesla gave him their rights to save Westinghouse´s commpay of bankrupcy

MI
Back