The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The thing about LP

Alper Demirel

affiliate
Hi all,

So I just had this one quick question,

Why do we have to use LP and why is this is so important? I mean is it not possible to loose leads because the LP is just crap and people will leave? What I think is that direct linking would be better because those companies can tell the story better and make more sells?

I am confused about this because I read everywhere how inportant it is and everyone usuing it..

Thanks.

Landing pages tend to convert better, according to many marketers.
  • You can split-test and optimize landing page elements to raise your ROI
  • You can pre-sell for PPS or trial offers
  • They give you a chance to collect emails, if you are building a list for email marketing
  • They give you a way to advertise with traffic sources that don't allow affiliate links
  • Landing pages with a domain extension look less spammy (a.k.a. more trustworthy) to viewers than a raw affiliate link
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't forget to check that using a custom landing page for the offer is allowed! And make sure that you submit it for approval before running the campaign.

Landing pages tend to convert better, according to many marketers.
  • You can split-test and optimize landing page elements to raise your ROI
  • You can pre-sell for PPS or trial offers
  • They give you a chance to collect emails, if you are building a list for email marketing
  • They give you a way to advertise with traffic sources that don't allow affiliate links
  • Landing pages with a domain extension look less spammy (a.k.a. more trustworthy) to viewers than a raw affiliate link
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't forget to check that using a custom landing page for the offer is allowed! And make sure that you submit it for approval before running the campaign.

This makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

LP's give you a chance to explain in detail what they get/want/need. If you direct link, I remember a scenario CharlesNGO said: It's like going into a car dealership and they ask you to sign the contract already without knowing enough about what you are signing for.

Direct linking, you are just dropping the user on an offer expecting them to complete it. They most likely won't be 100% optimized for speed either. This is important especially if you do pop/native, an LP that takes longer to load is most likely going to get closed.

Plus, direct linking you have no control over all of the important factors you can implement to get the user to convert.
Using an LP you have full control over what you write, describe and say about the offer.
Then as @azgold mentioned, split test and increase ROI.

banners
Back