The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

The questions you should ask yourself before you make a post on your blog

Vahid

affiliate
Hi,

Nowadays you can see everywhere that many people make thousands of dollars through blogging. This has made many others to think about starting a blog whereas 99% of them can not write a single 500 words article on their own. They know that they are not suitable for blogging but can not ignore the money that their blog can make for them because they have heard that it makes money.

So they have one options: Creating a spam blog (also known as splog) that steals other blogs contents automatically and so doesn't need any article to be written by the blog owner. They think that such a blog will make money too but it can not make a single cent because as I said it is called spam blog. No search engine will rank it and nobody will be interested in reading it because its posts are defective, non-sense and off topic.

So if you are a blogger and you can not write about the topic that your blog is about, you are wasting your time. If you can write but don't know "how" but just post something on your blog everyday to keep it updated, again you are wasting your time and you will give up soon.

I see many bloggers, just make some posts everyday to say they have updated their blog. When you read their posts, you decide not to be back to their blog again. If you don't like to be such a blogger and have such a blog, before you make a post ask yourself, "What's the point? What do I want to achieve? What reaction am I aiming for? What do I want the reader to do after reading my post?"

Don't make a post on your blog just to keep your blog updated. Post something that makes an impact in your readers life and business.

Good points all Vahid!

Another tip is that as you think of things to talk about or see news or articles you want to discuss and link to - save those in your drafts folder even if it's just a link or you just write some quick ideas.

This gives you a bank of blog ideas and topics to use on your "off" days when you can't think of anything good to blog about.

I have TONS of drafts. Some are now out of date or the info is no longer hot but still tons of content and ideas are there for days when I don't have much time to blog or hit a creative brick wall.

Hi Linda,

Thanks a lot!

Yes; sometimes you really don't know what to post on your blog whereas you had a lot of things in your mind and you can not remember any of them.

Something you suggested is a perfect idea. :)

Too much preoccupied

Oh well sometimes you get messed up with your articles on your blog because there's just too much thoughts and ideas popping out!:D

You just dont know what to write first and where to start up with.... Really confusing.:D

Here is another great tip for coming up with great content for your blog and improving your popularity and linking:

Do a search on Google for whatever topic you are wanting to write about. Let's use "celebrity gossip" as a broad example.

Go to Google and search for "celebrity gossip trackback". Now the results will provide you with the best results of blogs that probably have good PageRank AND will allow you to trackback (link) to their site.

Now the best part is, you don't have to come up with your own original content. Review the results on Google, read the posts others have made and when you find one that interests you, create a post on your own blog commenting on the post you found at the other blog and provide a link back to that blog.

Make your commentary interesting. The other blog owner will probably welcome your comments especially if you are saying good things about them and you will then have original content on your site as well as a link back to you.

Your posts don't have to be 500 words long, just enough to get the point across.

If you really are into blogging, things are a little more complicated than just writing some posts. I do blog for about 2 years and it takes:
- having interesting ideas in the bath, the way to work, or during "useless" meetings
- an absolute must, writing down all small ideas for later (I lose about 80% of the things by not remembering them anymore)
- making research on your ideas, to find even more interesting resources, verify your ideas and see if you can bring a little extra
- keep on writing. If your readers are used to read each couple of days, take a vacation from writing and you will lose them
- have a personal voice - the "human touch" is what works best in blogging
- keep on writing. Did I say that before?
- get in touch with other bloggers, make guest posts, exchange ideas
- if it's really a "business blog" don't mix it up too much with personal things. People don't want to read about your breakfast if they are looking for lets say, SEO tips.
- gear your content towards your current readers. I mean, you will see that some of your visitors will come to your site for subjects that might not be in your main stream of writings. Why not write something specific for them while they are there?
- when it works (and just have some good referrers that bring traffic) or anything else that gets people to your blog, be prepared to write new interesting stuff for your new "fans".

I'm not sure if you noticed, but not one word about monetizing. Once you figured out how to master a blog, making money from it comes naturally.

MI
Back