The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

The Only 3 Things That Matter When You Die...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
This one comes from Brendan Burchard, but is so spot on it's not even funny...

The only 3 things that matter when you die comes from 3 questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Did I live?

2) Did I love?

3) Did I matter?

Now, my thoughts on these questions...

Did I live? -- well, did you? Did you live life to the fullest? Did you live life on your own terms?

For most people the answer is probably not.

Did I love? -- This one is kind of obvious... but have you been bitter because of your life experiences? Do you feel you truly care about your fellow human being?

And finally from an affiliate's perspective, are you producing value in your marketing or just trying to make money?

Did I matter? -- Do you have a legacy project? Will people remember who you were in a positive way? Do you try an make a positive impact on people's lives (every day)?

If you're just trying to "make money" as an affiliate...will you really matter?

The answer for most people is probably not.

So today, really take these questions in and think deeply about them, be honest with yourself...then most importantly act on making changes that will change your answers to these questions before you die.

Life is too short folks... make the most of it.
(heck, according to the Mayans, it might be over in about 12 months!)

:cool:

Joseph Ratliff,

It is absolutely invigorating to watch you advance in personal stature on this forum over the last few years. It is comforting to watch people like you strive for perfection for self, family, others and business, knowing what really counts and where the source of true wealth comes from.

Bravo! Great post, one of my favorites.

Joseph Ratliff,

It is absolutely invigorating to watch you advance in personal stature on this forum over the last few years. It is comforting to watch people like you strive for perfection for self, family, others and business, knowing what really counts and where the source of true wealth comes from.

Bravo! Great post, one of my favorites.

Wow, thank you for such a nice compliment jcorkern! :)

It's been an invigorating ride... that's for sure.

{If you're just trying to "make money" as an affiliate...will you really matter?

The answer for most people is probably not.}

Above is quoted from Joseph Ratliff -
tyring to make money as an affiliate? - yes you will matter. It is better than not trying to make money. As long as you don't hurt anybody. And what is important is the reasons behind why you want to make money as an affiliate right? There is a story behind. What ever the story is, you will only matter if your purpose is honest humble pure, just like when a farmer plant his rice.

I wouldn't use "did I matter" in sense of my work accomplishments, but rather whether I had an impact on other people's lives. How many people did I help out? How many times did I reach for to those in need? That kind of thing...

The most profitable niches that I have had 1 thing in common, and that is the product or service i was promoting made a profound difference in my life, and I wanted to share what I found!

Stop and really think about that for an hour or so.

{If you're just trying to "make money" as an affiliate...will you really matter?

The answer for most people is probably not.}

Above is quoted from Joseph Ratliff -
tyring to make money as an affiliate? - yes you will matter. It is better than not trying to make money. As long as you don't hurt anybody.

That's not necessarily true IMO, Peoney.

There are two primary mindsets at play here... the "I wanna make money" mindset, and the "I want to serve my market" mindset.

Without getting into a 50 page book on the subject, it really boils down to this:

If you want to "make money", and that is your only objective, that will only matter to you... not to your market. The people in your market will sense that... and that usually means you won't make much money ;)

In short, you won't matter very much.

On the flip side... you could want to "serve your market."

Here, not only do you make money, but you do so in a way that will focus on the lives of the people in your market in some manner...adding value to their lives in some manner.

You will end up "mattering" (for lack of a better word) to the people in your market if your vision is big enough.

So don't stop yourself short at wanting to "make money", even if you don't hurt anyone IMO.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

The most profitable niches that I have had 1 thing in common, and that is the product or service i was promoting made a profound difference in my life, and I wanted to share what I found!

Stop and really think about that for an hour or so.

Bolding mine.

You are RIGHT on jcorken :) Excellent addition.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

whether I had an impact on other people's lives. How many people did I help out? How many times did I reach for to those in need? That kind of thing...

If you're successful yanamk, won't that mean you'll matter? ;)

Big picture Joe AND Brendon, i have often stated to people, "don't ask questions you do not want answers to". The fact is, in the macro picture of life, everyone matters and has purpose, period. So many of us judge others solely on our own "values". If they are close to ours, we like them. If they are opposed, we do not like them. The bottom line? Everyone we don't like reminds us of ourselves and parts that we have NOT loved yet. Might be some purpose in that? Even if someone is "playing the part" mired in seriously low frequency life-we can be thankful they are doing that job, not ourselves.

i have had 3 "white light tunnel near death experiences" and while i did ask myself a similar question, it was for myself, not for others. i am talking about looking down at my body from above and with my heart stopped telling my wife what words she spoke while i was out type event.

fact is, you matter Joe. i get it you wish to matter more or a lot. one thing i have learned? no matter what you have done or not done, no matter who you are, or who you are not, no matter who you become or do not become, you are worthy of love. prosperous regards, Dr. Mike

I heard something similar to this a few years ago, it went something like this

"If you died today and someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone bother reading it?"
Good question to ask yourself if you feel like you're stagnating.

banners
Back