The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The importance of good html'ing?

Paxos

affiliate
Hello!
As i promised, rookie questions!Grab a chair!

So, i think i'm suffering of "The Disease That Will Kill Your Affiliate Business Before It Starts..."(by Joseph Ratliff, cant give link cause i am still spam to the forum's eye), but after some good nights sleep, im starting to manage the symptoms.

On my way to recovery and trying to get back to backlinking, i read about headings and h1-h6 and meta tags etc etc. I found some good articles in here about the cloud of html, but they were 2 years old , so i figured i'd ask again to get new advice, cause Uncle Goolge changes his skin every now and then.

So main question is, How important are Headings, meta tags, h1-h6 and in general, how important is for the spiders to find a good html code on your page. What are the worst mistakes you can make?
I heard of a site that can check your code? If yes, is it any good?

Well thats about it for now..Wasnt that bad huh? xD
Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Paxos

1. See http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-optimization-ctr-browser-compatibility.html

2. The code on your page is a factor if it affects page load speed or if there are errors such as unclosed tags, etc. I'm not sure what site you mean when you refer to "a site that can check your code" - whether it's any good depends on which site it is. You can try the W3C site at The W3C Markup Validation Service but be aware that it checks for strict W3C "standards" compliance so it will throw up many trivial errors and warnings for most web sites - look at the output you get and review it carefull to fix and significant errors.

MI
Back