The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

The First Thing Newbie Affiliate Marketers Should Read Before Beginning.

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
I know, the first thing you should learn about success in affiliate marketing has nothing to do with affiliate marketing and you want to get to the nuts and bolts of it, but if you skip this, you have ultimately sealed your doom unaware.

This will likely be the most critical thing you read if you are just beginning in affiliate marketing bar none!

This is the absolute sink or swim of affiliate marketing, or really any successes you will have in life, so pay attention, print it out, take a screen shot or whatever you choose to make sure you have it as a reference to return to when you need it.

I believe failure to reach success is nothing more than the mindset. If the mindset is correct, the rest will fall into place.

If you want success in anything, you must first change your mind about a lot of things in your life.

Let's talk about core beliefs.

These are beliefs that are held so strongly that they are unwavering. These are developed by the way we perceive events in our lives.

In psychology they are referred to as "references", but the belief is accepted by the person based on their personal perception of life's events, emotions and other factors, such as the 5 senses, authorities and much more. Although complex in reality, it's a very simple concept.

Here is one belief that most people hold that is totally or at least partially false. I've personally found that partial truths have been the biggest issues in my life. They are tricky, elusive, and can destroy your chances of success.

"Success is only for greedy and devious people." It may be worded differently, but this belief is firmly embedded in the core beliefs of many people.

The government is against us and the banks are against us. The system is against us and we can never make it out of below average or even middle class status.

Yet, there are millions of people who have broken out to the next level, then the next, and they continue growing successes.

Then, they look at the second generation of the self made wealthy and claim "they didn't deserve it, it was handed to them".

If you hold these types of beliefs, you are doomed to failure.

We see it all the time. The wealthy family with two siblings. One becomes the junkie living on the streets, the other takes over the family business and grows the family's company to new heights.

They both had plenty, nurtured by their family, supported, and taught how to live, but they had completely different outcomes.

You can reverse this story and have a family with two siblings. Both parents struggle to make ends meet, yet one of the siblings makes the decision to not live in poverty or the stress of debt as his/her parents had done.

This person works full time and pays their own way through college. It took 2 extra years because they had to work and take a few less classes per semester, but they stuck it out and finished.

They get a good job and save 10% for 5 years and then launch their own business and now have a great lifestyle.

The other sibling works at a minimum wage job and stays drunk all the time. Or maybe they just make other poor money decisions. But, they both had the same opportunities in life, the only difference was the decisions they made.

I mean, if the game is rigged and there is no way for you to win, then why put everything you are into something destined to fail? Or is it based on your decisions?

If you are overweight, decide to do something about it. It really is that simple!

If you need to develope a new skill, you have the internet at your disposal and there is no excuse since even in the projects, you see everyone walking around with smart phones that have internet access. Even the cheapest smart phone plans have data now.

Oh my, how many I've seen drop their heads in shame and walk away because they refused to put everything they have into their success. Not just in business, but in every aspect of their lives.

If you do good, there is no additional reward, you will lead an average life.

Excellence brings crazy success. This is your upper middle class.

Outstanding brings you stupid success and all of the trappings of it. This is where you can go and buy a Diablo just because you feel like it today. Doesn't mean you have to, just that you have that ability.

The step from "good" to "outstanding" is not that hard. I've seen people do it in a few months. This means that anyone can be successful in affiliate marketing or anything else you choose to do in your life.

As Tony Robbins says: Success leaves clues.

There are patterns of behavior that, when changed, can cause monumental successes one right after another.

Get online and listen to people who've made it and then listen to yourself speak and pay attention to your thoughts.

You can't control the direction of the wind, but the set of the sails is what steers your ship, and you control that... right?

You are in control of your destiny no matter the direction of outside circumstances if you look at it from the proper perspective.

Will Smith stated once why he was so successful. This is a paraphrase, but you should get the jist of it.

When the other guys is sleeping, I am working. When the other guys is eating, I am working to polish up my craft. When the other guys is out watching a movie, I am making one.

Do you see the pattern?

There was another person that stated "You will have success when you want it as bad as you want to breathe". I totally agree.

If you want change in your life, change your mind on false beliefs that are chaining you down.

It's really that simple.

It's not a question of if it's possible, it's a matter of will you decide to start the fight and have the heart to stick it out and follow through until you reach a breakthrough?

Here are some of the most common false beliefs that lead to failure.

1. I need money to get started.

2. I've never done this before.

3. I might fail.

Now let's dismiss them.

1. I need money to get started: This is a fallacy. You can work and invest a little of your current income each month to grow. You can do most of the work yourself in affiliate marketing.

You say "I don't have enough money now". Let me ask you a question. Have you ever lost a job in the past? Did you die, wither away or become a vegetable? No, you survived it or you would not be reading this now.

I don't care if you work at McDonalds, you can squeeze 20 dollars a week into your future. You can suffer a little now or suffer forever. All you need is hosting and a little for other resources/tools to get started.

If you don't have a job, get one, you will need it for a few months.

2. I've never done this before: Do you think I was born with my knowledge? What about any other affiliates who now make stupid money online? You have to start at the beginning.

I know you've all heard about climbing the ladder of success. How do you get to the top rung without fitst climbing the lower rungs first? The answer? You don't.

Be realistic and know that it will take a few months before you start making anything substantial. Consider it your college time.

3. Failure is a tricky word and if you use it incorrectly, your results will be disastrous. Let me give you an example. If I step onto a golf course with a professional golfer, it's safe to assume that I will fail to beat him. But, that doesn't mean that I'm a failure. Look at affiliate marketing the same way. It's a sequence of small successes that lead to winning the war. Today, you learn how to install Wordpress. Tomorrow, you start working on content. The following week, you may work on design. And so forth and so on. You may fail at installing Wordpress on your first day. But, you can take the rest of that day and, instead of fighting it, study, watch some videos, and learn how to do it the correct way. It won't take you 15 minutes to install after you know what you're doing. So, in this scenario, you failed the first time you attempted it, but that didn't make you a failure: in fact, quite the opposite happened if you followed this scenario. You recognized your mistake, did some research, learned something new, and have overcome your first failure.

There's really nothing impossible to anyone if you follow the example above. You can't equate failing at certain tasks to being a failure as a person. You become a failure only when you stop trying.

See how when you look at things from a reasonable perspective you can overcome the "odds" that are supposedly against you?

You need to sit down and go over all of your beliefs about success and money because most have some things they need to work out first or it's going to be all for naught.

Don't be the old fisherman who would rather tell the story of the big one that got away.

Lastly, never be realistic when it comes to societal standards since they are generally far lower than yours need to be to make attaining success your reality.

I must say a hearty thank you for the reality check or in my case the re-grounding.

" Success is only for greedy or devious people" - This was one of my underlying negative thoughts. Took me quite a while to figure it out and then to stump it out. My dad is a Minister and instilled in us the meek, humble, be content with little mantra

" Conforming to expected societal standards only leads to mediocrity" - I love this one and will borrow it. Hadn't thought of it before but you are sooo correct. Innovation and inventive brilliance are characteristics that are usually deemed tabu or weird or even downright cray until they prove invaluable.

Once Again,

Than You

MI
Back