The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The Disease That Will Kill Your Affiliate Business Before It Starts...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
There's a deadly disease out there...and it's killing affiliate businesses everywhere...and it's also highly contagious.

What could this serious, level-5 hazmat disease be?

Well, it's called Igottareadthatbookfirstitis.

(pronounced I-gotta-read-that-book-first-eye-tis)

Symptoms of this disease include, but are not limited to:

• Investing in a book, ebook, or course and saying to yourself "I gotta read this whole thing first before getting started."

• Investing in another book, ebook, or course, and saying to yourself "Man, now I have even more to read FIRST before getting started."

• Building a pile of books, ebooks, or courses, and giving yourself the excuse "Man, look at all this stuff I gotta read before I get started building my affiliate business."

• And one of the worst symptoms of this disease... Actually sorting the piles of books, courses, and ebooks you have into different action plans that you'll never actually get to. (e.g. I'll build my site right after I read this pile...)

The list of symptoms goes on and on, but one item remains clear...you're reading and buying books instead of just starting your affiliate business and buying valuable data about what works and what doesn't in practice.

See, all the time and money you invest in education is important when you need that education to create a pivot point from which you take action to further your plan.

But if you keep getting stuck in the "I've gotta read this first" mode...when will you ever get moving on your business?

If any of the above symptoms relate to you...the cure is simple:

Take a small action towards building your business instead...don't worry about the consequences (they actually aren't as bad as you think anyway)...then take another small action until you've taken a minimum of 20 small actions. By then, reading will be a thing of the past, and you'll want to take more action the next day.

Don't let this business-illness take over your business. :cool:

Good post Joseph. This is actually the first in my top 10 list of new online marketers mistakes report that I just wrote, except I titled the chapter "Striving For Perfection"

Good post Joseph. This is actually the first in my top 10 list of new online marketers mistakes report that I just wrote, except I titled the chapter "Striving For Perfection"

Thanks RedHat39.

Any of the success that I've had came after the point where I stopped reading all the time about affiliate marketing, and actually started affiliate marketing.

Funny how it works out that way :D

So true! ...the wake up call for me was realizing just because a sales page says I'm missing some vital piece of information or secret.. or my business isn't going anywhere without their product... it doesn't mean it's true or I have to buy it. ;)

There has to be a point you decide you know enough and take massive action. Really the real learning begins AFTER you start applying and taking action yourself. Then you can write the book for others to buy.. ;)

Great post Joseph!

Really the real learning begins AFTER you start applying and taking action yourself. Then you can write the book for others to buy.. ;)

This is spot on Matt...great addition.

Of the two forms of education:

1) Reading books, ebooks, and courses.
2) Buying and marketing for the data that drives my test results for myself and my clients.

#2 is certainly more valuable by a long shot (and in a few cases, disproves some of the material in #1 ;) ).

you are right ... many so think and believe that they should first learn something with which they have to deal with, and only then try to practice, but there are things that can really only learn to put into practice and affiliate marketing is that much difficult to understand by reading different books ... with this you need encounter, and only then draw information and advice from experienced marketers ... for me personally, these people can look for among the bloggers who are available explain and share their experiences =)

That is GREAT! I was guilty of this at first! I had to read everything until I realized that everyone was saying the same thing but differently. Then they all want more money for really nothing else! Great post!

Wise words Joseph, I'm guilty myself of getting caught up in thinking I had to know everything & then learn the next thing before i got started, but the day I took a little action is when it all changed. Your going to make mistakes along the way but that's usually the best way your gonna learn and progress. Taking a little action each day will really help you move closer to your goals & dreams - when you look back you'll be amazed how far you came. To be successful in anything you do in life - you need to take action!
Pete

I don't think I'm the only one but I will throw a book with a title like this.
I say this because if I go to a new field I don't want to learn how to end with that field before I start!!!
I would like to know how to succeed in that filed!!!
Not to mention that the title is quite similar to:
the doctor: I think it would have been interesting if he would have been born in the first place ... But ... Sorry the dissase was to much for him. He died!

MI
Back