The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

The Details...Ahhh The Details...And How They Could Be Killing Your Chance Of Success

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
"Tools...what tools do I use?"

"Does X work better than Y?"

"Should I enter the ____________ market? Will it be profitable?"

"What if the almighty Google 'slaps' me for doing _______ ?"

And on...and on...and on...you could either be thinking about these things yourself, or have responded to a question such as these in the forum.

I want to make something clear upfront, there's nothing wrong with asking questions like these at all (I recommend you search the forum FIRST, and try to find the answer yourself before asking the question, as it may have already been answered).

But let's ponder something else today...because I want you to examine the real reason you're asking the question in the first place. It's important that you do this, because you might be shooting any chance of success "in the foot" before you even start if you don't.

Are you asking about the difference between "X" software and "Y" software because you truly want to know...or because the process of getting that answer and participating in the discussion that follows will provide you with an "excuse" not to continue growing (or start growing) your affiliate business?

I might tell you I LOVE "X" software, and that it works great...someone else might hate it...so by asking that question, have you really gained ground by knowing our respective opinions?

Think about that for a second...

Let's say you discover that 43 people loved it, and 122 hate it...does that really mean it's bad?

The answer is, not necessarily...in fact, I've purchased several software items and books where the majority hated the product...only to discover they suited my purposes very well.

The same can work the other way too...

What if 122 loved the software, and only 18 hated it? Does that mean it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? Ummm...nope.

Truth is, you really do have to find out yourself to get the true answer. What one person says they like about something is from their viewpoint, and when you use the same thing...you may not even discover the same thing for yourself at all.

So many questions to answer in getting started, so little time...right? I mean, you do want to make a TON of money as soon as possible, right?

So just get started. With all the time you invest "investigating", you could be failing at something, probably invest about the same amount of time and money failing (maybe a little more), but learn a much more valuable lesson that will mean greater profits in the end.

So the lesson here is...

Just ask yourself this before you try to figure this entire business out beforehand...

"Is the time I'm going to invest investigating really being used to investigate? Or am I just afraid I might make some mistakes?"
(you gotta search deep and be really honest with yourself here)

So, what unnecessary details can you move past faster...and get to profits faster today? :cool:

As always, thanks for reading.

"Is the time I'm going to invest investigating really being used to investigate? Or am I just afraid I might make some mistakes?"
(you gotta search deep and be really honest with yourself here)

So, what unnecessary details can you move past faster...and get to profits faster today? :cool:

Great points Joseph. The other point this brings up and maybe you were also alluding to this is...

At what point does hanging out in forums asking questions instead of digging in and getting to work, become counter-productive?

Yes you need to take some time and learn the ropes to some degree. But I see people that hang out in multiple forums all day, asking the same questions at each one and sometimes apparently not even reading the answers.

Sometimes it's easy to convince yourself that when you are hanging out in forums, you are working - and sometimes you are. But sometimes it can be overdone and is simply an escape from having to do the real work, the HARD work, the SCARY work - like rolling up your sleeves and just getting started.

Great points Joseph. The other point this brings up and maybe you were also alluding to this is...

At what point does hanging out in forums asking questions instead of digging in and getting to work, become counter-productive?

Yes, I was alluding to that...but I didn't want to step in the wrong spot. :eek:

Forums are great (this one is the best affiliate forum, hands down)...but one's purpose in participating in a forum discussion has to be ultra-clear...and not just an excuse to avoid making some mistakes that we all have made in growing our own businesses, and anyone getting into this business will make EVEN if they find out all the answers before hand.

By the way, I was one of those who tried to "figure it all out" before actually taking action...

I found out that I only actually used about 5% of what I "figured out" with a TON of research...and I was off and running with a full-time income to support my own wife and two wonderful boys (along with the usual days at the beach etc...) .

But the important point is...the turning point came when I stopped "looking" and started "doing."

Taking action is a tired phrase...but it will keep being repeated until the proportion of successful marketers shifts from 10% successful/90% floundering...to the other way around (I hope that happens sooner than later, I really do).

Noooooo! Don't everybody leave. I was just kidding! ;)

No, seriously go to work! Linda's crackin' the whip! :p

Just be sure to come back to take a break and learn some more! :)

banners
Back