The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The Changing Landscape of SEO

espmartin

affiliate
The way Search Engine Optimization was done even one year ago has
changed. I'd like to ask all of you SEO'rs what specific changes
have you had to make in your own SEO campaigns?

I'll start this off by stating that link purchases and link selling
has dramatically changed. This is actually good, as now - more than
ever - relevance and contextual-ness are key.

I haven't changed at all as I have been banging the drum for on topic relevent links for years! The only real change, and it is an addition rather than a change, is social networking sites, plus dig, phinn etc

Only those that have been sailing close to the wind and exposing their clients to unpredictable consequence and risks have needed to make any signifficant changes.

There are many practices that have been outside the spirit of Search Engine Optimisation that have been successful, but were clearly vulnerable to Algo changes. These frequent Algo Tweaks or major changes, have in the past caught out sites employing questionable methods. What do the SEOs do, rework the lot FOC, refund their fees with appologies or just dessert their innocent but suffering ex-clients.

The best thing to do is read the various Search Engine Guidance for Webmasters and interpret their intentions. Many read these guidelines and try to find a way through them. That is a recipe for a downstream dissaster. Complying with the intentions and spirit of the SEs guidelines will not only work better, but ensure longevity.

Smea I agree 100% with you, and can say that my clients have never suffered as a result of algo changes, simply because I don't practice algo chasing/exploitation. The key to QUALITY SEO is to understand what the search engines want, and ensure you are delivering it to them. Exactly the same as you do for your clients. To me THAT is proper SEO, a site that is optomised for people and search engines, and a marketing campaign that is optimised for both also.

banners
Back