The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

the age of a website matters for google?

z3nyt

affiliate
hi,

a have a half an year website and i was wondering if the age matters so much because some of my friend tell me that a website must have at least one year to reach #1 on google; other agree that this is taken into consideration but isn't so important.

thx

Age is one of the several factors Google put into consideration for ranking purposes. A keyword rich domain name that is not that old can rank well for the keywords in its name within a few weeks if not days in my experience.

Most people seem to agree that older domains get more favourable treatment (because new ones are treated with more suspicion that they could be spam sites). But I reckon good content and a good backlink strategy can easily compensate for this.

Its not much of an issue.. Depends what niche your going for.. If its a small Niche you can get a new website ranking No.1 in no time at all !. days/weeks and keep it there with regular backlinks

If its a hard niche.. you may hit a few top spots because you have a new site and big G always likes new content. but after a week or 2 you site will drop off back to its "normal google ranking" .. at which point SEO, Baklinks etc come into play.

hi,

a have a half an year website and i was wondering if the age matters so much because some of my friend tell me that a website must have at least one year to reach #1 on google; other agree that this is taken into consideration but isn't so important.

thx

Yes it's part of Google's qualifications but there are several of them and no one knows what those qualifications really are in specific..

What about if there is an old domain that has only recently begun to really go for SEO?

Domain age is an important factor in domain strength. It doesn't matter if the page has hardly anything on it for a year, it is still a year old in Google's eyes.

hi,

thx

I think your friend is mistaken.

In my six years of SEO, I have taken hundreds of sites to the top ten of Google's SERPs and never had to wait a year.

It seems some webmasters love myths.

Bompa

All depends on the keywords your targetting. But in my experience, if you're targetting commercial phrases/competitive terms, age plays a major role.
With Google, old is gold :)

MI
Back