The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Testing Affiliate Offer

Jaguar007

affiliate
What strategy do you use for testing the offer link? If the shown offer on the network is different than what the offer page is then how to handle such a situation?

Hey Jaguar,

You would need to be testing your affiliate links, not the offer URL.
Which affiliate network do you use and wish to split test offers in?

The best way I can describe it is this:
ADV1 Win an iPhone XS - URL: trackingdomain.com/clk?id=23482
ADV2 Win an iPhone XS - URL: trackingdomain.com/clk?id=76712

These two URLs would be added as offers in your tracker and rotated to see which performs best.

Last edited:
If the shown offer is different from the 'promised' offer this can mean a few things. Most of the times it's because of one of the following reasons:
  • Wrong GEO.
  • Wrong device.
  • Wrong connection type.
However, it could also be possible that the offer is not live anymore, some networks are pretty slow with updating the offer status on their dashboards. If you are sure that you are connecting to the offer from the right GEO, device, etc. Then the offer isn't available anymore (most of the times).

I would always message your affiliate manager about a certain offer first before promoting it. They should be able ti give you more details about the offer and tell you if it's actually live or not.

Thanks, NeverGiveUp and CPAHub,
Both of you were helpful,
I am using CPALead, I have emailed them. It was regarding a Mobile Phone offer, in the preview link it was showing Mobile Phone with offer details for US Resident but when I shared it with a US Friend it started showing him trending.com website, that offer is no longer live though, but their other offers were also getting directed to trending.com. So I have written this to their support.

Regards

Thanks, NeverGiveUp and CPAHub,
Both of you were helpful,
I am using CPALead, I have emailed them. It was regarding a Mobile Phone offer, in the preview link it was showing Mobile Phone with offer details for US Resident but when I shared it with a US Friend it started showing him trending.com website, that offer is no longer live though, but their other offers were also getting directed to trending.com. So I have written this to their support.

Regards

I used CPAlead in 2013, best advice is to stay away, that network has changed more times than the weather! :)

Networks like that are best for content locking etc.

Thanks for the information, but may I know the reason why you leave the network? What problems did you encounter?

Thanks for the information, but may I know the reason why you leave the network? What problems did you encounter?

It's changed owners, layouts and types of offers many times and it's mainly incentive network I think, imo it's in a different league to the affiliate networks used by many here. I believe you will be scrubbed a lot.

But that's my opinion. Not many people I know of who use that network these days.

I thought by testing you mean how well it performs honestly, but if that the case you describe then only contacting the network cause there are problems with offer (if you are 100% sure though) like wrong lander, wrong geo, wrong device type, etc etc etc. Do not run traffic till it will be fixed!;)

MI
Back