The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Tempted to use an article spinner?

There is always a problem if future google algorithm updates make google clever to find such articles. Today is risky to use spinner and it will be more risky in future and that is the reason why I never use them.

There is always a problem if future google algorithm updates make google clever to find such articles. Today is risky to use spinner and it will be more risky in future and that is the reason why I never use them.

I don't think we need to wait for future Google algorithm updates. I think Google is pretty good at figuring this out now.

My experience with article spinners has not been great. I run it through copyscape and if it does indeed come up as original when I read through it I am just disappointed. Spinning an article compromises the value and power of the writing...

Unless you are planning on using it for SEO purposes (which I do not know too much about) then I would recommend not to waste your time with spinning articles.

My experience with article spinners has not been great. I run it through copyscape and if it does indeed come up as original when I read through it I am just disappointed. Spinning an article compromises the value and power of the writing...

Unless you are planning on using it for SEO purposes (which I do not know too much about) then I would recommend not to waste your time with spinning articles.

Well said, as are many of the other comments. But I have to say, most of the people I've ever seen interested in spinning articles weren't the least bit interested in whether or not they "compromised the value and power of the writing..." as evidenced by some of the absolute unreadable garbage that resulted!

Personally, I've never believed in them, period. I'm not and never have been in favor of trying to game the system, and I've been around IM long enough to get a pretty good clue that GOOGLE WILL ALWAYS WIN. Eventually.

I'm not personally convinced that Google can pick out all spun content through its algorithms, but it might IF it can't, however, it will. It definitely will. Because (repeat after me): GOOGLE ALWAYS WINS. Eventually.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was naive enough to use an article spinner with my first web site. I spent more time editing and then rewriting because none of it made sense. What did make sense sounded as if a ten year old had written it. It was very, very poor quality. I was embarrassed that my name was on the article as the author. I never did that again!

I think article spinning is symptomatic of a bigger problem, and that's the urgency people feel about trying to get a business to succeed overnight. The thinking is "I need to get as many thousand views and backlinks as possible by next week so I can make the amount of money I need".

When it comes to article spinning For me it's always been easier to just go ahead and write the article than to go through the work of trying to create the syntax needed to pull of a good sounding article when it's going to be spun with so many variables. A good writer can do it, but it still takes time. I'd rather re-write plr than go sentence by sentence creating all those variables.

Another problem I see is relying so much on SEO. Yes, organic search is great when you can rank for the keywords you want, but rather than be so obsessed with trying to outrank everyone in your niche you can get more mileage by being proactive and creating traffic through a variety of means.

The key is everything worthwhile things take time. It's just that simple.

I really do not understand why you do spin your well-written article???
Assume, you want to post such spinned artricles on article directories, etc. Do you think that such e.g. article directories full of spinned articles, is good place to get link from? :D
If you going to write good piece of text, post it on your own website or create blog (on different domain) and post it there (with link included in the text, to your main website).
It's really tricky to check all that articles whether thsese are unique one. That's the way I have stopped submissions of articles in my niche directories. It's too risky.

OK, I guess I am going to have to stir the pot on this one. I spin articles all of the time, but only for my back linking campaigns.

I never use spun content on my money sites though, that's a bad idea. When I do it for my back linking campaigns, I have a specific strategy that I use. For my first tier back links, I write an original article, then I rewrite it. Then I spin them together and finally, I spin each word or phrase in them. I always choose what words I want my software to use, I never let it pick words on its own.

This takes me a lot of time, but when when I am done, I have an article that is at least 90% unique, makes complete sense, and of a very high quality. I also add spun images and videos to my articles and this helps to make them even more unique and valuable.

The tier 1 links that I create with this content rarely get deleted and I do get traffic to my sites from these links as well. They even rank in Google although not always on the first page.

I have never been penalized by Google when using this method and I don't think I ever will. If I do, then I'll deal with it when it happens, but until then, the sky has not falling yet, and I rarely listen to people who tell me that it is.

Article spinning does still work if you are willing to put in the work to make sure you end up with a high quality article in the end, but if you just want to push a button and get great results, its never going to work for you because you're just going to end up with a bunch of gibberish that makes no freaking sense.

At least have a goal to produce content that is valuable and helpful to your readers. it make no sense to you when you read it, how do you think that they will feel?

It's good all the qualifiers you gave. Usually people who do article spinning don't have the patience or interest to guard the output that closely. If I understood you correctly, you're spinning for document sharing sites? And for no other purpose?

I use doc sharing sites, Web 2.0 sites such as Wordpress.com, Blogger, etc. I create Wiki links and whatever else I can use as a platform to host content. The whole key is that your content has to provide the reader with useful information. I usually research forums and yahoo answers to see what people want to know about the specific niche that I am in and then I write content about it.

Now I'll be honest, when I build tier 2 and beyond links, I am not that picky about my content. I still spin it, and make it readable, but I don't put as much effort into it as I do with my tier 1 links.

I use a tool called Backlink Monitor to keep track of my back link campaigns so I always know whether my links are sticking or getting deleted.

In my humble opinion, Google can't detect spun content at all. Maybe they say they can, but I don't believe them. Sure, the Penguin update knocked all my sites out of G search results, but it was because of one thing...over optimized anchor text.

Here's how I know, all my crap links I built rank pretty well. Even my Social Monkey links..... Social Monkey links are a collection of spun recycled bull crap. But they still rank ok in Google, and they're just social bookmarks.....full of spun, recycled, bull crap......

But maybe things have changed, I haven't checked in a couple months, I doubt it though......

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ----------

I'm sorry, It's spelled "Social Monkee" I checked and it is still going strong. Google indexes the links and ranks them pretty well. The fact that it ranks many of the links in the top 50 means that it takes them seriously.

I do agree with what you've said here. Though spinner software can help, you still need to manually edit your finish product. There are still errors there; especially if the content doesn't make sense at all.

And I was in no way saying that you should spin content. I'm just saying that they can't detect it right now, but that could change in the near future. Google is very good at getting SEO'd results out of their SE. And they will get better, make no mistake.

I no longer do SEO, paid traffic is where it's at if you're serious about this business. But I am happy that my Adsense sites eek out a few hundred bucks a month from Ya-Bing traffic....

But I do log in once in awhile and check things, the results often surprise me. I can't believe Yahoo/Bing hasn't updated their algo. And I can't believe Google doesn't deindex the worthless spun crap that is in their search engine, but the truth is that they don't.

And I was in no way saying that you should spin content. I'm just saying that they can't detect it right now, but that could change in the near future. Google is very good at getting SEO'd results out of their SE. And they will get better, make no mistake.

I no longer do SEO, paid traffic is where it's at if you're serious about this business. But I am happy that my Adsense sites eek out a few hundred bucks a month from Ya-Bing traffic....

But I do log in once in awhile and check things, the results often surprise me. I can't believe Yahoo/Bing hasn't updated their algo. And I can't believe Google doesn't deindex the worthless spun crap that is in their search engine, but the truth is that they don't.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

1. I don't do paid traffic at all. Never have.

2. I see a lot of evidence that the spun article dross has been dropped and continues to disappear with each new Panda update.

Really, in my opinion anyone who thinks Google can't detect article spinning hasn't paid enough attention to their patents.

Article spinning will only hurt your SEO efforts in the long run. I was tempted to do this before I did my research into it.

I do agree with what you've said here. Though spinner software can help, you still need to manually edit your finish product. There are still errors there; especially if the content doesn't make sense at all.

My Godness, how do you want to attract visitors by offering content that doesn't make sense at all. :D
Unless it is placed only on dropped blogs and so on, just to get link back to your main site.
I try to avoid any spinning. You can buy a lot of spinned content at Fiverr, for five bucks.
I never tried paid ads, have to try one day! Any suggestions?
Have a nice weekend! :)

I personally think that it is a BAD idea to spin articles and then submit them to article directories.

That's one thing.

Another thing I would like to say is that if you are going to write articles in the home business niche than you want to have all your articles on your own blog or website. For someone who is new to the internet affiliate marketing world, I don't recommend article marketing as your main strategy if you are in the home biz niche.

Write one new one per day but don't expect a whole lot from it.

There is just way too much competition going on and the best way to get the best and fastest traffic is to work with pay per click companies like Google and Yahoo.

MI
Back