The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Targetting Traffic

Not sure what you mean by targeting traffic
Targetted traffic to me means getting people to your site who are interested in the information on that site.

This really depends on how you go about generating traffic and what keywords you optimize your site for

I would start with a good seo plan related to what your site is all about. You want rank high on relevant high volume search terms. That seems to be the best way of getting targeted traffic.

Rose.fire,

Take some time and think of some good keywords that pertains to what your domain does. What is your niche? What is your domain about? Create keywords based on those questions, or something like them. Use something like Google's Keyword Tool (it's free) to find out how many times your keywords are used. Choose some keywords that are around 10,000 or less.

Then take those keywords and put them into Google's search with quotes around them. This will tell you how many time your keyword is being searched. It will also show you some of the specific links that are used for your key words. You can get a feel of how well your keywords will do by looking at some of the links. Be smart about these links, they can give you a lot of information about how well your keyword might do for you - or not :rolleyes:

If you feel good about your keywords then write a few articles, 300 to 500 words, specifically dedicated to your keyword. Use only one of your keywords per article and use that keyword about one time per 100 words. That should give you good density. Publish it with an article site like Squidoo or HubPages (there are plenty of others) and hopefully Google will rank it on its first page for your keyword.

Once your article has been published then backlink like heck. Backlinks are a great way to get SEO for your articles.

It might sound difficult but after you've done it a few times it's not bad. This is how I do it and I've had very good luck getting my articles ranked.

Give it a try and good luck ;)

Rose.fire,

Then take those keywords and put them into Google's search with quotes around them. This will tell you how many time your keyword is being searched. It will also show you some of the specific links that are used for your key words. You can get a feel of how well your keywords will do by looking at some of the links. Be smart about these links, they can give you a lot of information about how well your keyword might do for you - or not

I tried searching the keywords in Google Search with quotes to find out how many time your keyword is being searched, but no result. Do I have to try it in any other way. Please help.
And i must tell you that You have explained about keywords and content writing very well, its very useful.

Did you use the Google Keyword Tool to look up your keyword? Let's use "fasion design" for a keyword. Start the Keyword Tool up, enter "fasion design" in the box and check Use synonyms off and click Get Keyword Ideas. You should see a list of keywords with the Advertiser Competition and Approx Search Volume. This list tells you how much your keywords are used by other people.

Now, let's take the keyword "fasion design" and enter it into Google's search and you should get ( Results 1 - 10 of about 13,700 for "fasion design". ) Is this what you get, or something like it?

So after you follow these steps for your keyword and it isn't showing up at all then you might want to consider a different keyword. People just are using that one when trying to find your product so you might want to try a different keyword. The list from the Keyword Tool search should give you some other ideas.

Give these steps a try.

Hi kbhuffaker,
Yes it worked, thank you.
Is there any tool to check which word is making money.
I mean, I have a site that deals with chocolates and tuffys, so i want to know which word would make more money, so that i can go with those words and synonyms.

Thanks

Sorry but I don't know of any tool that can tell you how much a keyword is making. That would be be great to know though. Maybe there is someone else in the forum that knows of such a tool? Anyone?

There is tool call sitemeter, Site Meter - Counter and Statistics Tracker, that will keep track of the hit you get to your site based on your article or landing page. You should check it out. It is free. Maybe that will help you determine which keywords work and which ones don't.

MI
Back