The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

table is not loading correctly

prober

affiliate
I use the tutorial´s instructions and try to load data into the client table with this command...
load data local infile 'c:/mysql/client.txt' into table client;

the table is populated but it´s missing some of the first letters of the first column. what´s wrong?

mora info..with this problem

ok these are the records in the text file I created to load into the mysql table..(using notepad, writing records immediatly at the begining of notepad editor and separating each element with a tab space )

Fluffy 1995-05-15 litter 4 kittens, 3 female, 1 male
Buffy 1993-06-23 litter 5 puppies, 2 female, 3 male
Buffy 1994-06-19 litter 3 puppies, 3 female
Chirpy 1999-03-21 vet needed beak straightened
Slim 1997-08-03 vet broken rib
Bowser 1991-10-12 kennel /N
Fang 1991-10-12 kennel /N
Fang 1998-08-28 birthday Gave him a new chew toy
Claws 1998-03-17 birthday Gave him a new flea collar
Whistler 1998-12-09 birthday First birthday

I load them into the table and when I try to see them with select * from
it shows the table incomplete missing letters from the elements of the first column.....gives me no error whatsoever... i'm puzzled.

as far as i have worked with this database only once has it worked properly, but since that time always is the same problem, using load data local infile gives me an incomplete table...:-(

Hi,

What is the saperator you are defining for records is it "\n", if yes try to make it "\n\r" and in your text file make sure that youhave hit the enter key after every record while creating the text file.

Also you can try to use field delimiter as something else than space and try it.

As if you are able to see the table and the data i don't think its the problem of connectivity or location.

Also something character set can lead to this problem, in the table you have created try to set the chactaerest set to utf-general and then try to load the data.

Cheers,

~Maneet
I use the tutorial´s instructions and try to load data into the client table with this command...
load data local infile 'c:/mysql/client.txt' into table client;

the table is populated but it´s missing some of the first letters of the first column. what´s wrong?

MI
Back