The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Synthetic Diamonds -- who's got 'em

Graybeard

De Beers has scorned lab-made diamonds for years. Now it will sell them — for as little as $200.

QUOTE<<<
Lab-grown diamonds — which are created in hot, pressurized chambers over weeks, instead of a billion years underground — have been growing in popularity as Americans spend less on traditional diamonds. The stones are increasingly marketed to younger shoppers as a cheaper, ethically sourced alternative to mined diamonds. But their chemical makeup is the same (all diamonds are made of just one element: carbon), and experts say they are indistinguishable to the naked eye.

“From our perspective, synthetic diamonds are diamonds,” Stephen Morisseau, a spokesman for the Gemological Institute of America, a nonprofit organization that oversees the international diamond grading system, told The Washington Post last year. “They’re not fakes. They’re not cubic zirconias. They have all the same physical and chemical properties of a mined diamond.” >>>

Looks like a great opportunity ;)

I've had real diamonds (tiny), synthetic and cubic zirconias. They're all pretty, as are my Australian opals.

I don't care whether or not they're real as long as I like the setting they're in. I don't use them as heirlooms or investments, so pretty and practical is more important to me.

*** Edit: Whoops - I haven't had the synthetic ones, was just thinking 'fake' when I typed that.

They have all the same physical and chemical properties of a mined diamond
Pure carbon ;) probably too perfect to be real :D

I think there is another message here -- your idols have become meaningless
2cents.png

De Beers has scorned lab-made diamonds for years. Now it will sell them — for as little as $200.

QUOTE<<<
Lab-grown diamonds — which are created in hot, pressurized chambers over weeks, instead of a billion years underground — have been growing in popularity as Americans spend less on traditional diamonds. The stones are increasingly marketed to younger shoppers as a cheaper, ethically sourced alternative to mined diamonds. But their chemical makeup is the same (all diamonds are made of just one element: carbon), and experts say they are indistinguishable to the naked eye.

“From our perspective, synthetic diamonds are diamonds,” Stephen Morisseau, a spokesman for the Gemological Institute of America, a nonprofit organization that oversees the international diamond grading system, told The Washington Post last year. “They’re not fakes. They’re not cubic zirconias. They have all the same physical and chemical properties of a mined diamond.” >>>

Looks like a great opportunity ;)
Bling Bling industry may take a massive Hit! in the near future.

MI
Back