The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Super Affiliate spotting

ETRdahir

Hey guys,

Since I'm new to the Affiliate marketing industry I wanted to gather some feedback of proven best practices. As a new AM I am looking to recruit 'Super affiliate' for Early to Rise's affiliate program. Are these super affiliate located in a cave off the countryside of Australia??? :D But seriously I'd love some pointers on how to improve my marketing efforts in recruiting super affiliates.:cool:

Regards,

Super afilliates are wonderful to have in your program. However, your program has to really be able to convert if you want to attract them and keep them. Keep in mind that every merchant wants them, everyone is making them deals, etc. But in the end, if you can't convert well, they will find a merchant that can.

You can spend all your efforts trying to seek them out, but I would suggest you try instead to seek other affiliates who can drive you a steady source of sales over the year. You may not get sales every day from these folks, but over time they will perform well in the long run. Get several dozen of those types of affiliates and you have a solid program that will do well.

Now, if you really set on trying to get super affiliates, I would suggest you attend one of the sessions at one of the Affiliate Summits. They seem to always have one or two sessions each summit on that very topic.

Hi Linda and Ron,

Thank you both for your input. I think the Affiliate Summit could be the opportunity to really find and build rapport with these super affiliates.

Regards,
George

Honestly most Super Affiliates I know you have to have something to offer them. Just another affiliate program to promote probably isn't going to get you very far. If you're dealing with them directly an can offer insights into how you're promoting the programs yourself, profitably and think they can take those ideas and parlay them into more volume for you then that's probably your best option.

I was a very large affiliate for 3.5 years before I owned a network and honestly the people that came to me and said. Would you buy media for us for our offer. I'd immediately ask for their keyword list, rights to advertise on their branded term, ask what their top affiliate was producing, conversion %'s, EPC's, Demographic data, etc. The more willing the merchant/network was to make me successful the more time I'd take at looking at working with them and promoting their stuff.

Merchants and affiliate programs are a dime a dozen. Good information is priceless.

Hey we're doing display buys on media network using these banners. Paying blah for cpm and generating about a x profit margin. I'd take that knowledge and maybe create a presell page that sold the product better, improve on their creatives then go buy a ton of media and add to their bottom line. Win/Win for everyone involved.

Great Advise Smaxor, as I become a little more seasoned as an AM I am seeing that recruiting is the most effective method of bringing in quality affiliates.

Hi Smaxor,

That is exactly what I was looking for. I was just wondering what kind of questions would a Super Affiliate ask and what is that I need to keep ready when I meet with one.Thanks a ton.

Sudha

banners
Back