The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Super Affiliate Keyword Research

Erick Akori

Get your fix Ninja!
affiliate
I'm going to show you something most affiliates get wrong and that is keyword research and how to do a properly this is one of the fundamental building blocks of your PPC campaign once you put this to work you should be able to scale your campaign with ease etc.

But first let's look at how the "newbie" affiliate does keyword research
We will be using the "dog training" as the niche for the examples.

Example:
  • Dog training
  • Dog behavior
  • Dog obedience
  • Train dog
  • Etc.

Why are using these keywords a problem? These keywords the most competitive keywords out there and you won't get much traffic there other bigger companies out there bidding aggressively on these keywords and you really don't stand a chance against these companies because most affiliates are working on thin lines make their campaign get started these companies have thousands and thousands of dollars just blow so it's not really worth it.

Let's look at how a super affiliate does keyword research in that niche

First a super affiliate makes a list of all the dog types

Example:

• Puppy
  • Canine
  • Terrier
  • Akita
  • German Shepherd
  • Beagle
  • Basset hound
  • Bulldog
  • Golden retriever
  • Dalmatian
  • Etc.

Next would be making a list of all separate dog behaviors

Example:

• Aggression
  • Anxiety
  • Barking
  • chewing
  • Nipping
  • jumping
  • digging
  • flatulence

why are we choosing keywords like dog behaviors?

Simple, people who are doing research on dog training obviously have a problem with their dog's behavior and they're looking to solve the problem.

Now obviously this was a very short guide on how to do it but most of you get the idea hopefully

There are a number of keyword research tools you can use

• Google adwords research tool
  • Keycompete
  • Quantcast
  • Alexa
  • Etc.

;)

tumblr_m4o2mfuNjp1qii6tmo1_400.gif

nicely done! Thanks for the info (cause this is obviously something I need to work on, instead of relying on keyword digging/scraping)!

Great Post, I really enjoyed. I'm starting on one of my PPC campaigns and have taken your suggestions and hoping it works out great for me!

MI
Back