The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Success University???

KKM

affiliate
Hi hi,

I saw this affliate program. Just want to have some feedback on this program.

By the way, how do I choose a good affliate program to join?

Like Linda says pick a niche and google some keywords and see how much competition is on that niche you picked. If you're just starting out, try to find a niche with low competition. It's a good idea to read all you can about affiliate marketing before you get started. It's always good to learn about what you're doing.

I setup an affiliation with Success University earlier this year.

In short, it's an online education service that delivers streaming media (audio, video) at a monthly membership price.

Topics range from real estate investing, personal development, marketing, communications, relationships, health and variety of general "self help" topics.

That's their "product".

Their "opportunity" is the ability to offer $2 14-day free trial accounts (essentially allowing anyone to test drive their service for a $2 donation to Feed the Children)... as new customers are created from the $2 accounts (nearly 40-60% will upgrade to paying customers after using the service free for 14 days), then the referring affiliate earns a part of the ongoing commission for this referral.

Since they have setup their compensation with a network marketing model, the referring affiliate also earns from the referrals made by their own customers/associats and their referrals and their referrals (in standard network marketing geometric growth fashion).

Did you have a specific question about the company??

{{removed reference to read my report}} no self promotion allowed. (Linda)

Hi 27amDotCom,

Welcome to 5 Star. I meant to add that this opp sounds so much like a personal growth satelite TV MLM I was in years ago. Can't remember the name, but I sure was high on the concept and the company. Sure got everyone pumped up and motivated - Never made a dime though. :rolleyes:

It's important to separate the two different pieces of Success U that are being discussed: the service vs. the opportunity.

The service is quality, it's not the best but for the 2-week free trial (everyone should at least take advantage of that) and then just a $49.95 for a long list of courses... there's certainly value there (especially when I see so many junk courses sold online for $47 each).

It's ideal for the person who really thrives on personal development courses or is in starting from a zero education base but would like to succeed in business (this is the #1 reason why I included it with my endorsement in Dear Employee... essentially, without having to scour the net, a user can work through the Success U courses and develop themselves into more of a professional).

Then there's the opportunity.

In true "affiliate marketing" form, the biggest financial opportunity from Success U is for well established marketers (a bit of a catch 22 actually). Those just getting started will need to learn marketing and be prepared to invest a few years (ie: will need to become established marketers) to create anything above the few thousand per month mark.

The reason I state that Success U is tied at a (I have several picks) #1 position for best marketing opportunity is that Success U does provide an income opportunity and it does so with a zero risk ($2 donation to get started, $49 monthly cost... hardly qualifies as a financial risk).

In my eyes, the service is high enough quality and organized enough that a new person (target audience for Dear Employee) can benefit greatly from the service. The marketing opportunity on the other hand is minimal risk and a great way to get started in the internet marketing game (though, yes the payout is network marketing based... it's really just a standard affiliate marketing program).

I just noticed your forum script actually blocks out the word S U C K S... that's interesting. I've never seen that before.

A bit too much on the censorship end of things but I'm simply a guest here so what does my opinion matter.

Hi Rob,

Actually you are a member so your opinion DOES count.
Our admin just added a bunch of words to block out so people could not make slanderous statements about a company that could get us sued.

I write things like whos wants a J.O.B. - jobs suck! Didn't realize that words was fiitered so I can see your point but I can also see admin's point. Certain words are likley to be used in flames and slanderous accusations, so he's just trying to avoid those words that often get used in those situations.

Once the words are entered in the software the software can't detect the tone or context. You could have said my vacuum ***** and it would have gotten filtered. :p Sorry you felt censored.

I wrote a couple posts down in the breakroom recently before that word was filitered.

One said TimeWarner ***** and one said Yahoo *****. Maybe I need to tone it down too. :)

Rob, I will be covering more of this with you in a private message. However I did want to mention in public that your opinion does count. All of our members are important and we value their opinions. There are some other communities that block the same words that are blocked here at 5 Star.

I am the one who is selecting the words to be blocked and there is a reason behind each one and I will cover that with you in my private message.

My signature contains a request for members to make suggestions. We are interested in members and we want their opinions.

You are more than a guest, you are a member and you are important. All of our members are important.

You are about to see something which is common here at 5 Star but almost never happens in other communities.

You are a member who has stated that he isn't pleased with something. I am a 5 Star administrator. I am going to spend as much time as needed with you in private to try to reach an understanding with you. Your complaint will receive my attention and I will listen to everything you have to say. It is very important to work with members when they aren't satisfied, and that is what I'm going to do.

Hi 27amDotCom,

Thanks for the information. :)
I will check it out more.

27amDotCom said:
I setup an affiliation with Success University earlier this year.

In short, it's an online education service that delivers streaming media (audio, video) at a monthly membership price.

Topics range from real estate investing, personal development, marketing, communications, relationships, health and variety of general "self help" topics.

That's their "product".

Their "opportunity" is the ability to offer $2 14-day free trial accounts (essentially allowing anyone to test drive their service for a $2 donation to Feed the Children)... as new customers are created from the $2 accounts (nearly 40-60% will upgrade to paying customers after using the service free for 14 days), then the referring affiliate earns a part of the ongoing commission for this referral.

Since they have setup their compensation with a network marketing model, the referring affiliate also earns from the referrals made by their own customers/associats and their referrals and their referrals (in standard network marketing geometric growth fashion).

Did you have a specific question about the company??

{{removed reference to read my report}} no self promotion allowed. (Linda)

Hi Linda,
I thought it is MLM too.
But can I check if affiliate marketing = MLM? :confused:

I just
Linda Buquet said:
Hi 27amDotCom,

Welcome to 5 Star. I meant to add that this opp sounds so much like a personal growth satelite TV MLM I was in years ago. Can't remember the name, but I sure was high on the concept and the company. Sure got everyone pumped up and motivated - Never made a dime though. :rolleyes:

27amDotCom said:
I just noticed your forum script actually blocks out the word S U C K S... that's interesting. I've never seen that before.

A bit too much on the censorship end of things but I'm simply a guest here so what does my opinion matter.
Yeah, I've seen it too. Looks good. Being new to some forum, I usually edit words myself - writing f*** instead of the whole entire word. Glad they have that here. :)

Thanks Grimmaze. I am glad you appreciate what we are doing.

This is something which I started implementing recently. As time passes there will be a few more words added for a number of reasons. However there is a very good reason for words that are filtered. It should not impair any discussions. That isn't the purpose.

You are aware that there are other communities who also filter some words. One reason is related to potential legal situations. Another is to avoid a lot of profanity and obscene talk.

There are some communities which allow people to use whatever words they want and there are people who use those words just because they can use them. Their forums become loaded with those words, which certainly do not add value to the discussions. We don't want 5 Star to become like that and we feel that most of our members don't want it either.

Of course words can be used in different ways. Some words are completely out of place no matter how they are used. That might not be the case with a relatively small number of the filtered words. But the words are included because of the wrong ways in which they can be used.

We want 5 Star to be family friendly and a mainstream community. That is the reason for taking this action.

As this community continues to grow, changes must be made. A larger community faces more problems. But these changes will be made in order to keep this community from turning into what none of us want. Our members are always in mind whenever any changes are made.

banners
Back