The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Struggling to make big money with clickbank

david sutton

affiliate
I have tried a few ways of making money online. Surveys take loads of time and only pay small amounts. The best way is affiliate marketing- I started with Clickbank- getting 75% commissions for selling other peoples products. Commissions in the medical niche for example are about $25-$50. Not bad but you need lots of sales to make a decent income. I can make £300-£500 per website promoting lots of products in one niche, but you need a large website to rank in Google.

It is a struggle maintaining decent search engine rankings on google.

Hi David,

Welcome to the forums!

You do not need a large website in order to rank in Google. You just need to target the right keywords, and more importantly - work hard!

It's not hard nor technical, but it requires determination and lots of patience. I'm currently following Jay Wessman's Screw9-5 course and I'm seeing some great ranking results so far. He's got a free course where he explains what SEO is and how to start ranking: http://www.lazyassstoner.com/newbie/

However, if you do have the money, I recommend that you look into his Screw9-5 course. In it, he takes you through the process of starting a product based niche website, right from picking the niche to getting it profitable. He also shows you two real-life example websites which are making him money.

(I should get paid for having recommended his course so many times now, lol)

I've started writing about my own journey here on AffiliateFix. As I mentioned, I'm following the Screw9-5 course to build the site and it's started to generate some money: http://www.affiliatefix.com/f61/how-broke-swede-started-earning-online-7661/

I hope that eliminates some concerns about rankings being proportional to website size. If there's anything I wasn't clear enough about, let me know and I'll try to give you a better answer.

Good luck! :)

Like Michael said, you don't need to have a big site necessarily and definitely check out Jay Wessman's Lazy Ass Stoner tuts - that's Jay's area and he is extremely good! He also makes it easy to understand and follow.

banners
Back