The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Starting again

AndrewA

affiliate
Hi I got into Affiliate marketing about 7 years ago. I was making some money through click bank and using a third party advertising platform following a guide i bought from the warrior forum.Back then they sent payment by check so most of my profit got eaten by international banking fees to cash the checks .Then i had some major changes in my life with wife leaving and older kids moving back in etc. I would like to try again as om getting too old to be shoveling dirt and mowing lawns for pocket money. The system i was following and doesn't work any more.I joined this forum hoping i can pick up relevant new idea's on how to get started again.I would appreciate any idea's to help me kick off again Just something simple to get started again . Cheers and thanks for any help in advance.

Welcome to the ever changing Internet (<rolls eyes>)

The basic rules of selling to people have not changed much in the last 300 years.

Naming conventions have changed but the intent has not. For example: CTA gives a digital label to the old trial close in face-to-face sales. Fintech has transformed a lot of things including payments to affiliates by digital (non-paper) -- fees to clear payments are less today and transaction closure much faster.

So, if you were once successful chances are you can adapt to today's digital environment. We all are sooner or later faced with adapt or die decisions -- best of luck :affiliatefix:
Welcome to the ever changing Internet (<rolls eyes>)

The basic rules of selling to people have not changed much in the last 300 years.

Naming conventions have changed but the intent has not. For example: CTA gives a digital label to the old trial close in face-to-face sales. Fintech has transformed a lot of things including payments to affiliates by digital (non-paper) -- fees to clear payments are less today and transaction closure much faster.

So, if you were once successful chances are you can adapt to today's digital environment. We all are sooner or later faced with adapt or die decisions -- best of luck :affiliatefix:
Hi I got into Affiliate marketing about 7 years ago. I was making some money through click bank and using a third party advertising platform following a guide i bought from the warrior forum.Back then they sent payment by check so most of my profit got eaten by international banking fees to cash the checks .Then i had some major changes in my life with wife leaving and older kids moving back in etc. I would like to try again as om getting too old to be shoveling dirt and mowing lawns for pocket money. The system i was following and doesn't work any more.I joined this forum hoping i can pick up relevant new idea's on how to get started again.I would appreciate any idea's to help me kick off again Just something simple to get started again . Cheers and thanks for any help in advance.
Thanks for the responses so far-- when i said i was getting to old i meant to old to be doing manual labor that's why i am looking again at IM lol

Hi, Andrew and welcome to AffiliateFix! :)

I think the guys knew what you meant but the answer's the same - it doesn't matter how old you are or feel. Doesn't matter how sick or well you are, how able-bodied, beautiful, skinny, knock-kneed, rich, poor, cross-eyed, or anything else. As long as you can use a computer and learn, you stand as good a chance of making it as everyone else. :D And just for the record, I'm getting too old for manual labour, too. (shhh, don't tell anybody!)

I joined this forum hoping i can pick up relevant new idea's on how to get started again.

Any idea where you hope to start?

Wouldn't hurt for you to brush up on things and see what (if anything) is different now:

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk

My friend, @tyoussef has posted an easy-to-follow guide for you, too.

When you're ready, there is also an excellent e-Book available in audio and pdf format that comes as a freebie with an upgraded account. It spells everything out in simple language and provides a checklist for running a campaign.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Andrew!

banners
Back