The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

squidwhat!?!

Roo

affiliate
Those ever tinkering people in squidland have updated the format of lense and I kinda feel like someones just puked over all my work! :(

Not impressed by the changes, only thing I did like was the fact that they took out the silly middle column, but sticking it below the google ads was a bit of a sucker punch as now the actual text doesn't start until the bottom thrid of the page.

Just prepare yourself for even more dissappointment when you scroll down a bit!

Also, do have a look at the changes whilst logged in and loggedout as they are different views/templates.

Lets see if the new layout leads to better conversions and more traffic to the sites that i promote! That's all i am interested in at the moment!
The Squidoo team can do what they like - it is their baby!

Say what you want about them,but the guys at squidoo are quite a responsive lot -
Megan-Editor-in-Chief@squidoo said:
A few quick notes and clarifications:

1. The "Lensmastername Recommends" section is just the lensroll for that lens. It's 100% your selection.

2. Rick made a great point in another thread that the "make a lens" create code at the bottom of lenses wasn't using the lensmaster's referral id. We're changing that over now, so that you can get the referral bounty.

3. The orange box (and the 2 elements in it, the TOC and the Discovery Tool) is entirely optional.

4. You're absolutely right that it's frustrating to have TOC defaulting on in the Intro, when you already had a TOC module on your lens. We're making that opt-in instead of opt-out. Blake's working on that today. But if you don't have a TOC on your lenses yet, consider turning it on in the Intro. It really works to pull people down into your lens.

5. Feel free to turn the Discovery Tool off. (That's the "Explore related lenses" thing). We made it optional so that you could play with it, configure it, and see what kind of results you get from lens to lens. And, of course, turn it off and remove your lens from the Discovery traffic pool if you don't like it! We're looking into ways that this might work at the bottom of the page, instead, or with better configuration. We'll see!

I think they genuinely do want their lensmasters to be happy with what they`ve got. As you say, Roo, they seem to be responding to comments pretty quickly.

MI
Back