The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Squidoo Monthly Payout

Roo

affiliate
Rather than hide this info in other threads on squidoo here I thought I'd start a thread informing people of Squidoo monthly payment amounts. They do fluctuate on a monthly basis. The exact method of determining which payment tier a lenes(page) will fall into is a closely guarded secret to prevent people trying to manipulate things, though there does seem to be a 'rough guide' based on your average lensrank each month.
Payments are made from a share of adsense and other advertising revenue, you may see slightly different figures due to any earnings from 'money making modules'

1st tier (lensrank 1 - 1,999)
2nd tier (lensrank 2,000 - 9,999)
3rd tier (lensrank 10,000+)

February payouts calculated 8th April

Tier 1: $8.94
Tier 2: $1.53
Tier 3: $0.08

I'll try and update this monthly as payments are made :)

It`ll be interesting to see where I land up then. I achieved what I wanted to do recently, that is to get my Lens in to the Top10 in its category, getting to no.5 or 6, its highest position ever.

Now though, because I`m not updating it so frequently, it`s dropping like a stone, in the mid 20`s. Having said that, as we`ve alreday discussed elsewhere, other members `favoriting,` Lensrolling, adding to Fanclub, rating, commenting etc would help it get back up I`m sure.

Yes TeamPlayer
I was quite suprised to see your site drop out of top 10 :(

It`ll be interesting to see where I land up then. I achieved what I wanted to do recently, that is to get my Lens in to the Top10 in its category, getting to no.5 or 6, its highest position ever.

Now though, because I`m not updating it so frequently, it`s dropping like a stone, in the mid 20`s. Having said that, as we`ve alreday discussed elsewhere, other members `favoriting,` Lensrolling, adding to Fanclub, rating, commenting etc would help it get back up I`m sure.

So it's a share of the total revenue, rather than how much your lens origianlly earns, right?!?

Yes, I think that`s the way it works. Certainly with Google adsense hits.

I think I`m right in saying that there are certian payments made to a lensowner for specific sales like say Amazon, but I could be wrong. Roo might be able to clarify that point.

Yes, I think that`s the way it works. Certainly with Google adsense hits.

I think I`m right in saying that there are certian payments made to a lensowner for specific sales like say Amazon, but I could be wrong. Roo might be able to clarify that point.

the figures given are the amount paid out per lens based entirely on it's ranking (whether this is the highest it achieved, what it was on a set date, or averaged over the month is a closely guarded secret). This 'revenue' sharing is entirely from the adsense revenue earned across squidoo, not on an individual lenses adsense earnings.

By using 'money making' modules you can earn additional revenue which is credited to the lens, such as amazon, ebay and cafepress, to name but a few available, the total commission paid is then 'shared' with squidoo and you are credited with the rest. The only affiliate that squidoo provides uptodate earnings info is amazon, the rest you aren't likely to see details for on dashboard or stats until it is paid. The split is about 50%, can't remember the exact breakdown, but it's something like for every $1.05 in commission earned, 5cents goes direct to the charity fund, and squidoo and lensmaster get 50cents each.

Though using squidoo modules is nice and simple, any slightly experienced affiliate marketer can create links to their own products to earn 100% of the commission. :)

I earned $1.53 - till now - donated to Squidoo charity ! That was unexpecetd as i haven't promoted it at all! see Bed and Breakfast New Delhi

Nice to donate it too charity too!
Looked at your lens and my guess for why it did so well in February is that's when you joined all those groups, this would have helped push it up into the middle tier. Though it's got good content too which always helps to get visitors from search engines too! It needs a little updating and refreshing to get back up into this tier though.

Roo,

Thanks! U mean if i were to keep it updated on a regular basis it will improve its rankings!

Also, does joining the groups make such a huge difference & how can you assess my lens? I mean, how do you know that i joined groups recently?

Roo,

Thanks! U mean if i were to keep it updated on a regular basis it will improve its rankings!

Also, does joining the groups make such a huge difference & how can you assess my lens? I mean, how do you know that i joined groups recently?

on the right hand side of your lens content theirs a column with various links, ads, etc, here you see all the lenses you have lensrolled, and all the groups you joined, also you will see who favorited your lens. You'll also see links to the top 10 of that category.

As for updating it, this will help increase your lensrank, squidoo, like google, likes fresh content, so does reward it with a lensrank boost. ( I also have a sneaky suspicion this is to create a squidoo addiction! ) It doesn't have to be daily, but a regular say monthly, or weekly if you have the time, whether this is based on forthcoming events/attractions near the New Dehli B&B, or just adding a little more detail or even re-editing the current detail.

Edited to add - Idon't actually know when you joined groups, only that you have. As your ranking was high enough to get a mid tier payout from february, I imagine this is either when you created it and you joined those groups, or just the joining of those groups helped the lensrank.

A note about joining groups, there are many, many groups on squidoo, if you successfully join one, you may not get 'featured' on the group page, but it does create an internal backlink to your lens, and it's likely you'll get at least one visit from the group owner before approval. I wonder if someone will set up a UKWW group? Everyone from here could then maybe have upto 5 lenses featured on the group? How about it Temi? ( I can set it up and share moderation editing if you're unsure of doing it yourself?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Roo,

Actually i joined most of the groups in the last 2 weeks - just been adding all relevant groups.
My lens was lacking backlinks & so i thought what better place to find one way links than to join the groups. yahoo site explorer +/_ google, i think, treats them as either sub-domains referrals or referral from another site.

Most of the groups are PR 4-5 or more - those are quality backlinks ( one way) with minimum of hard work! all i have to do is become a member of the groups. Whether i get a good PR or not in the next PR update is yet to be seen!

and my lensrank has increased ^^ - lo Voila! Earnings are a bonus! :D

So, i think, we all should join as many groups as possible & leave comments on other lenses & rate & fav. them!

All thanks to your initial Threads on Squidoo !
Getting there - slowly!

Guys,

Further to my post above - as a consequence of joining the groups lots of lensmasters are coming to my lens and commenting on it & fav. it.

I have added some more video's to it !

Joining the groups was a good thing - do post your experiences after joining some groups! Would be interested to hear about it!

I wonder if someone will set up a UKWW group? Everyone from here could then maybe have up to 5 lenses featured on the group? How about it Temi? ( I can set it up and share moderation editing if you're unsure of doing it yourself?)

I guess Temi missed this first time round! I'll pm them over the weekend if this one slips past again.

Meanwhile what do others think of a UKWW squidoo group?

I added my lens to a few groups yesterday when it had dropped down to a position in the 40`s.

I just looked now, and it is 13 in the rankings!

My son did the same thing, and his has risen back up to No.11.

Proof of the pudding that joining groups does work.

My Lens rank has jumped from 77 last night to 37 today! all by joining groups and editing it and commenting on it etc.

That's in 16 hrs! :dance2:

Edit: It is no. 24 in travel today!

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back