The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Some PPC questions

artivejoy

affiliate
Hello super affliators, My name is Tony, I've learned PPC for nearly 1.5 Years.

I've tried 5 campaigns while 4 of them failed. My first campaign was very successful($500/day) but it was stopped 6 months ago. (Merchant cancel their offer). I'm a little bit upset now because i've tried 7 months and still can't find any campaign is profitable.:(

I want to keep on test other affiliate offer. However, just want to confirm my strategy & questions below before I keep on going.

1. My current strategy is enter into big affiliate industry (eg. web hosting, credit card,etc) However, big industry means high competition, so I'm wondering if this decision is correct or not?

2.Sale type offer's CTR & CR (I just entered web hosting industry, I've got 30% CTR & 2-5% CR, is it normal? Otherwise, i've to improve my CTR. )

3.Any other suggestion you can provide to an upset affiliator :):p

My experience with PPC is that you have to promote something with very little competition. Or if it has high competition then you have to put a totally new spin on it.

Hi artivejoy,

Wow there are just so many variables that could be at play here. Your keyword selection could need tweaking. Are you using buy KW or info (lookie loo) KW? Are you using negative KW?

It also could be your copy, your landing page, your call to action, could be the merchant not converting - it's hard to say.

I think unless you are a seasoned pro those markets you mentioned are too competitive and the KW have to be super expensive. If you don't mind competitive and expensive have you tried pay per lead - like insurance or home repair? Sometimes conversions are higher because people don?t need to buy, they are just filling out a form.

Those are some thoughts and ideas. Wish I had the magic answer but there are just so many variables.

Hi artivejoy,

Wow there are just so many variables that could be at play here. Your keyword selection could need tweaking. Are you using buy KW or info (lookie loo) KW? Are you using negative KW?

It also could be your copy, your landing page, your call to action, could be the merchant not converting - it's hard to say.

I think unless you are a seasoned pro those markets you mentioned are too competitive and the KW have to be super expensive. If you don't mind competitive and expensive have you tried pay per lead - like insurance or home repair? Sometimes conversions are higher because people don?t need to buy, they are just filling out a form.

Those are some thoughts and ideas. Wish I had the magic answer but there are just so many variables.

Thanks Linda,

Yes, I've tried some lead campaign before, The best one got 75% CTR and 15% CR.

So for a web hosting sales offer, I've got 30% CTR & 2-5% CR, is it normal? Is it too low?

banners
Back