The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Some general knowledge for you guys to convert a bit better

A

AdPulse

Alrighty, I am not here to call out names or anything because I have been there as well but some people might be thinking a little differently about how to have a successful campaign.

Lets begin

Ok, so you have this amazing traffic source and you know you can get a ton of eyes looking on your lander, thats perfectly fine but have you considered WHO those people are? Here is a quick list you can follow in order to quickly get better conversion rates (CR) and in turn increase your EPC by just a little thinking.

1. Identify the traffic
Sometimes we all get a little caught up in the numbers game and we forget that there are actually other people on the other side of the screen but the truth is that they are humans too. Figure out what demographic those people fall into and what their interests might be.

Example: Traffic coming from a game review site more than likely loves games, technology oriented and most often somewhere between 15-30 yrs old.

2. Promote things that make sense
I have seen countless people who promote business opportunity offers to people who are just normal people. That may be fine and all but you will see greater CR's and EPCs if the offers were targeted to your traffic source. Try to promote things that the traffic source would be interested in and more than likely the consumer will take the bait of the offer.

Example: Promote an email submit to win Diablo 3 (game) to someone on a game review website. Makes sense doesn't it?

3. Landing pages
In my experience I have found that landing pages (the page before the offer) help convert your traffic a lot better than just a link to the offer. The reason is because you are not instantly flagging yourself as a marketer but a friend of the consumer and they would trust you a lot more than if you just direct linked. You can also control elements on your landing page and get people to Click-Through more often.

Example: Put up a banner ad, when clicked take them to a landing page that promotes your offer but in a more convincing way.

4. Blend your offers (BONUS)
Ok this one is a bit tricky and takes some experience in my opinion. When you are wanting someone to fill out your email submit about a [FREE iPHONE 4S] you want them to think its just part of the site. So what you do is theme your landing page to look very similar to the offer so when they click your link and leave to go to the offer, they feel like they havent even left your trusted site :)

-------------------------------------------------

Ok so that wasn't the best guide I have wrote but I am quite tired and hungry at the moment and I thought that some people new to the game could benefit from a little insider tricks. If you have any questions about anything above just let me know and I can go into further detail if you would like, just trying to help out :)

MI
Back