The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

So Many Merchants

jpb1958

Hi there

I wasn't sure where to post this thread so I have put it here in the general topic section. Mods, please move if this is not right.

Anyway, my question stems from the fact that there are so many merchants out there that it is quite a task finding the right product. And I have sometimes spent hours scouring merchants only to find that they do not have what I need.

For example, I have my niche and I searched the catalogue at Shareasale but didn't find what I was looking for, so although my time wasn't exactly wasted it could have been better spent. So I moved onto Commission Junction, then Amazon etc.

To my question...does a database exist where I could type in a keyword and get a list of the product and the merchant?

So if I was looking for 'Garden Gnomes', I would get a list showing what's available at Shareasale, Amazon, etc, instead of going through merchants individually.

I realize that this would be a vast list but just thought I would ask.

Well you can do a KW search at SAS or at CJ or at Amazon but I don't know of a place you can search them all.

Then you can also search Google for: "key phrase" "affiliate Program" because if it's a rare product it may not be on any of those networks, could be on another or there could be an in-house program available that isn't on any of the networks.

There is a free service called http://www.offervault.com where you can search all the offers across multiple networks. But it features more CPA offers as opposed to regular affiliate programs with retail products. But you could try it.

Just to add to Linda's post, I've sometimes found additional merchants by leaving off the word progam when I try google. So for example, try "key phrase" "affiliate" or try "key phrase" "affiliates" (plural).

Once I found a perfect merchant but they did not have an affiliate program and had no intrest in running a full fledged one. We discussed how we might be able to work together and after a while the merchant told me he could create special links to his site (via Yahoo stores) where he could monitor which sales were mine. We did that for a couple of years and I see now he has a full time program at CJ. The beauty of this was, I was his sole affiliate for a couple of years.

Almost anything is possible. It does not hurt to ask.

Hi Linda, Ron
Thanks for your replies..
Yeah, I know offervault and what they do but I haven't looked into it at any great length...
I have also encountered merchants who did not have an affiliate program. I enquired if they would think about it but they never got back to me. As for Yahoo stores, this is not something I had thought about, so thanks for that Ron.
In anycase, thanks again for your time I really appreciate it :)

If it's a really niche product you are having a hard time finding with an affiliate program,
you could always try to find it at Amazon and join their program.

Do you belong to the top affiliate networks out there? If so, they should have dedicated affiliate managers that can point you in the right direction. They are only going to give you offers that are working for them because when you make money, they make money! :)

Hi Everyone

Linda, I am an affiliate with Amazon. They have removed some products from their 'shelves' for my niche.

Ron, maybe a look at Ebay would be good ;)

MLChris, I didn't know about affiliate managers so thanks for that.

Thanks for all these replies. My niche is quite select so I guess the fact that Amazon, Shareasale, etc, do not have what I am looking for either suggest that the niche is not profitable or it is an untapped market. I have done some keyword research and the amount of searches being made is quite small although not prohibitive.
As I said, I have also been in touch with merchants who did not have affiliate programs, so I will look at this and see where I go.

I want to say here that I began looking for my niche during Ed Dales Thirty Day Challenge and Ed states that sometimes a niche isn't always worth pursuing, so maybe I have one of these.:(
However, it's really interesting doing the research and one that I am enjoying immensely.

Finally, I have actually made some sales ($7.00, thanks Amazon!) :rolleyes: so I know that there is an interest for people out there, but my website is a mess and I need to re-do it to make it more interesting to the user.

:D Iv'e never had so much fun!

Hi jpb1958,

Glad you are having fun and even though this niche may be too small, look at how much you are learning that is preparing you for taking on a little bit bigger one!

Go for it!

Hi Linda
Yeah...my thoughts exactly. This stuff is such a learning curve that step by step is the watchword for me. The fact that I havn't made any real money is secondary at the moment. What I have learned so far is that with hard work and determination I'll get there.

MI
Back