The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Slicethepie - How much have you earned with it?

Nymph

affiliate
If you aren't already aware of what Slicethepie is, it's a network that pays you to review the music of artists seeking to have their music, style, or sound heard. The reviews per song are limited and are generally short, meaning it does not take much more than good grammar and a basic knowledge of music elements to write a good review. You're paid around 3-5 cents per review starting out, but as your reviews are rated the algorithm shifts and can land you 10-15+ cents per review. I've heard of people reaching 25 cents per review , although I'm not sure as to the authenticity of that claim.

So far I've made $5 - not quite enough to cash out yet. I manage to do around 30 reviews per day. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with the program, and more importantly, did they actually pay out?

I used to be active in Slicethepie many years ago, I made over $200 from them.

Lately I have not been very active, but one of my friends made $20 recently.

I heard about this but I wasn't able to join this site because I think they are not accepting members from asian countries like me. Because every time I will visit their site, a message always appear on my computer screen something like this "

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. "

So I think that they are only accepting US members only?

I heard about this but I wasn't able to join this site because I think they are not accepting members from asian countries like me. Because every time I will visit their site, a message always appear on my computer screen something like this "

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. "

I don't think so, because I joined from Canada and was accepted right away, no hassles like that whatsoever. A 403-forbidden error may have risen due to maintenance issues or because your IP was banned before by them or is blacklisted, so the server refuses to respond to your requests. I wouldn't try using a proxy to get around this, however, as they will automatically lock you out if you do. I've heard of this happening to people before.

You should try again with a different browser, and if not, check your internet configuration.

Well, I have tried slicethepie abd needles to say, apart from the horrendous music that you get bombarded with for hours on end, there are quite a few nice songs worth listening to. In order to be successful, you must write a long enough review plus just write whatever you think of the song, and I guess you will do just fine.

I gave up after the first hour of trying Slicethepie.
I guess it's just bad luck that I got to listen to bad songs that I could not possibly think of any thing to review about other than it being bad.
If you have more of a tolerance than me then maybe you can make quite a lot of income from Slicethepie.

I don't think so, because I joined from Canada and was accepted right away, no hassles like that whatsoever. A 403-forbidden error may have risen due to maintenance issues or because your IP was banned before by them or is blacklisted, so the server refuses to respond to your requests. I wouldn't try using a proxy to get around this, however, as they will automatically lock you out if you do. I've heard of this happening to people before.

You should try again with a different browser, and if not, check your internet configuration.

I am not using proxy to access the site, I tried to visit the site on many public computers but still this message won't allow me to enter this site. You are a Canadian so you'll probably be accepted in here because I think they only accept US and European citizens, not an Asian like me. I've tried it many times and I always encounter this error.

I am not using proxy to access the site, I tried to visit the site on many public computers but still this message won't allow me to enter this site. You are a Canadian so you'll probably be accepted in here because I think they only accept US and European citizens, not an Asian like me. I've tried it many times and I always encounter this error.

I'm from Hungary (eastern Europe) and I still get that message. Maybe they are accepting only english speaking countries? :cautious: I'm a bit sad because of this because the whole concept seems very interesting to me... Oh well. There are a lot of other ways to make money online :)

It might be the case that they accept only english speaking countries. Odd, I didn't think it was like this, but then again if they are only allowing the songs, sounds, and music from english speaking bands and individual artists to be reviewed, it would make a lot of sense. I imagine they want to keep the group that is allowed to review these songs focused on the demographic that are most likely to listen to the types of music aspiring artists will create, and in North America, this demographic is huge with a varied taste.

I've seen enough reviews of the site so far to be convinced, on another note. When I go into these types of ventures, I'm really only looking for quick start-up money for a new blog, so for those of you in other countries wanting to get in, but can't, know that you aren't missing out on much.

That is definitely not the case as I joined from the UK. Maybe they were just having some technical issues? Did you try them again?

That is definitely not the case as I joined from the UK. Maybe they were just having some technical issues? Did you try them again?

Yes. I tried it over and over again and still same thing happened, that message still appear on the computer screen even if I tried to access it on different computers. Maybe they are just accepting reviewers from English country as what Nymph posted.

I used slicethepie for a couple of years and never had any problems with them. Then one day I tried to cashout $10 they owed me and they suspended my account. When I e-mailed to ask them why they said my reviews weren't constructive enough. That's kind of funny considering the fact that I did reviews there for several years and always got paid. No one had a problem with my reviews before. Then they had the nerve to tell me that they would reactivate my account and I could log back in and do MORE REVIEWS and IF they thought they were good enough they'd pay me. Seriously? Seriously? Of course I posted about this on my blog and lots of people have commented that they've been scammed too. I know they still pay most people but the fact that they're ripping off anyone at all makes them not okay in my book.

I heard about SlicethePie before it became well-known and a popular website. During the time, all they presented were country songs, and nothing else. After listening to about 10 songs, I decided to quit the website, however I was at $5.00, half until cashout. I went on for the week and reviewed two songs each day, and until I finally reached $10, I cashed out and never looked back.

The fact that people actually try to use this site to make a decent amount of money, when the average payment per review is 3 cents frightens me. If you constantly make 3 cents for each song you review on the site, in order to make even $100 in a month, you would have to post a total of 3,334 posts. Remember that you are also listening to around 90 seconds of music each time as well, so the time it will take to make a minimal amount of money is absolutely ludicrous. To give you even more of an idea, to make $100 in a month, you will have to post more than 100 reviews each day, each taking a total of 90 seconds to complete. That is a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes in order to make just over $3.

I started using it a few weeks ago and so far I've only made just under $5, although I haven't used it for about a week, if not longer. I know a lot about music from a technical point of view so all my reviews have been quite good in terms of payout since I can slip in lots of jargon, but I get bored very quickly so I can never manage more than about an hour of reviewing in one session.

I first signed up for Slicethepie earlier last month, and I made payout for two week's, meaning I made twenty dollars off of the site. I can definetly say that it is legit and they do pay on time, which is either on a Tuesday or a Friday of each week. When I first started, I was making between ten to fifteen cents per review, but for some reason after my second payout I was only making about nine cents per review. After that, I just decided that the site was not worth my time, and I moved onto something bigger and better! :)

I used slicethepie for a couple of years and never had any problems with them. Then one day I tried to cashout $10 they owed me and they suspended my account. When I e-mailed to ask them why they said my reviews weren't constructive enough. That's kind of funny considering the fact that I did reviews there for several years and always got paid. No one had a problem with my reviews before. Then they had the nerve to tell me that they would reactivate my account and I could log back in and do MORE REVIEWS and IF they thought they were good enough they'd pay me. Seriously? Seriously? Of course I posted about this on my blog and lots of people have commented that they've been scammed too. I know they still pay most people but the fact that they're ripping off anyone at all makes them not okay in my book.

That's not good if they are not paying their members. I am not a member here and good thing that I am not because I really wanted to try this one out but it seems my country is not accepted by them. If that's the case, they just want to abuse their member by making use of their reviews and not paying them back for their efforts.

Well, I joined this site about this time last week and the basis of the site is quite easy in the sense that all you have to do is write a review for a few cents! However, the annoying thing is the fact that you do only get a few cents and it does take quite a while to use all of your energy up! Furthermore, I cashed out on Friday and am still awaiting them to pay me so I hope that they pay me this Tuesday otherwise I will be quite annoyed. Personally, I think that I am just going to use it when I have a spare odd hour or so!

The fact that people actually try to use this site to make a decent amount of money, when the average payment per review is 3 cents frightens me. If you constantly make 3 cents for each song you review on the site, in order to make even $100 in a month, you would have to post a total of 3,334 posts. Remember that you are also listening to around 90 seconds of music each time as well, so the time it will take to make a minimal amount of money is absolutely ludicrous. To give you even more of an idea, to make $100 in a month, you will have to post more than 100 reviews each day, each taking a total of 90 seconds to complete. That is a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes in order to make just over $3.

Exactly - the math bears out how fruitless it is. Also that 2 1/2 hours figure is not including actual writing, revising, editing, and proof reading time involved to make sure your review is up to standard.

Couple that with their shady payment record as of late - and you have a recipe for disaster.

I've made some good money from them and they've always paid me on time and very fast too. They're professional and they do pay but there are a lot of spammers and cheaters that keep on giving them a bad rep. They're not a bad or a scam company. They're a legit company. I've been paid by them many times. I must admit, you do have to work hard and their bot system is so hard to pass through but they do pay and you do make the same as you would here.

banners
Back