The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site description according to Google

D

Duke

For Lifesupporters.com, Google describes it as follows:

Lifesupporters.com
Online community support forums. ... Welcome to Lifesupporters.com Anonymous!
FRONT PAGE; FAMILY FORUMS; DOWNLOADS; TOPICS; YOUR ACCOUNT; PRIVATE MESSAGES ...
lifesupporters.com/

I'd rather it display something a little more meaningful, how do I go about making sure it does?

Thanks for the help.

yes,
Google just take bits and pieces from a site, most of the time it does not make sense like the description it has for lifesupporter

Ya that's a bit of a problem allright, the way my site is listed makes little sense even to me and I own the site.

Google and many others will display snippets of text from your site as a description. IMO this is the right way to do it, I certainly do it with my search engine.

The snippet displayed will change with each different search term, as the SE's are displaying instances of the search term on the page.

If you write your copy and plan your pages really well, you can get exactly the phrase you want to appear.

Crowebird: Meta Keywords are not even spidered by google. But I recommend you still add them, as many search engines still index them, and who knows they may come back into play again. But only add words that are on the page and relevant, don't keyword stuff.

MI
Back