The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Site Build It - Seeking Pros and Cons

mogrady

Hello to All,

I'm wondering if anyone has built their sites with Ken Envoy's Site Build It. I'm very interested to hear recent success stories if anyone has them. Also wondering if there are any downfalls to building a new site with SBI vs. hiring a web design firm to build my new site. I'd love to hear any pros and cons from publishers who use the SBI system. If I need to be redirected to another forum area, that's ok.

Many thanks!

Hi Michelle,

I have not used personally, but many of our users are big fans. Tony and Lisa come to mind. Lisa used to the the SiteBuildit affiliate manager and now does affiliate marketing full-time. She knows the program inside out.

They and possibly others should be by to give you some feedback.

Thanks, Linda! I'm hoping that I will hear positive feedback. I'm pretty much sold on the concept after going through the SBI site, but would love to hear more from people who've actually used it.

Hi, Michelle!

Tony here. I've been with Site Build It since March of 2006. I have a one site so far and absolutely love it!

I have had more fun building my site, watching the traffic come in and the income generated from it. The team that runs SiteSell and the users are top-notch, too. Ken is in the forums helping people almost daily.

Hiring a web designer costs a good amount of cash for design and maintenance (unless you plan to do it yourself). I know. I've been a professional and freelance Webmaster for 8 years now. Plus, a designer will build your site, slam it on a host and wish you luck. I like to say that it's like building a Walmart in the Mohave Desert. It sure is big and pretty, but unless people know about it, no one stops in. No traffic = no money.

Site Build it allows people with very little experience on the Web to build complete online businesses, while pushing all the technology aside. In other words, you get to just concentrate on your content while they take care of the rest. You get to learn a lot of useful stuff as you go, but you don't have to be a pro, by any means. It's like someone holding your hand and whispering in your ear throughout the entire process. Very cool! ;)

Bottom line is that I would never build another site without SBI.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Tony

Thanks very much, Tony.

I'm happy to be hearing some great things. If there any downfalls, any at all, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, looks like I'm going to get started with SBI really soon.

There really are not any downfalls, unless you're a web designer seriously into doing your own database stuff, etc. Most people aren't, including myself.

With a little imagination and creativity you can do anything you want to with it. The SBI team keeps churning out new tools and additions to it, all at no extra charge to us. If you want your own store, that is extra because it's a completely different animal.

It just keeps getting bigger and better. ;)

Site build it question

I do have a question about Site build it - if you decide to have your website hosted by someone else, say bluehost or hostgator or whatever - can you do that?

No. The reason for that is, SBI is not like a regular host that just has space that you put your site on. You site is actually built into a huge database. This database makes it so all the behind-the-scenes tech stuff works together for your site's benefit.

You could move it, but you would not be benefiting from SBI.

Thanks!

Hey, Oregon Coast guy, thank you for the super speedy response! You're faster than a speeding bullet!
My situation is - I'm a great writer, if I do say so myself (I'm a newspaper reporter, so I better be good) - and I can research, get up to speed on a topic, and write a lot of short informative posts very quickly, BUT...I have no html background whatsoever. I hired someone to help tweak a wordpress blog to make it adsense friendly and I guess for a complete newbie I am getting good results - I make a few bucks a day from adsense.
However, it cost me a few hundred dollars to get the wordsense blog customized and uploaded. If I want to be able to experiment with new websites to see what works best, that gets cost-prohibitve.

So you haven't had any problems/glitches/complaints with sitebuildit? I'm debating between that and X Site pro.

You know that's a good question.

So Tony if you stopped using SBI, are you saying you would have to start with a new template and could hand copy over all your raw content from the SBI site, but you can't just copy and move it the whole site or FTP it to a new host, because you would not have the infrastructure the site was built on? Kinda sorta?

Hi all,

I'm the Lisa Linda spoke about and have nothing but good things to say about SBI!. But I do want to stress it is not an automatic money generator if you don't do the work. SBI! does not build and market your site. YOU do. But it's a fabulous step-by-step guide and program to use.

I believe my SBI! site was a success due to the education SBI! provided all in one place AND my own motivation and passion for my topic. What I love about the program is that it forces you to understand how the Web works in terms of supply, demand, generating targeted traffic, etc.

If you don't know HTML, no problem. The block-by-block builder allows you to use HTML without understanding the codes. And once you become more comfortable with HTML you can branch out and use your own software if you wish.

Site Build it

Hi Linda! I luuuv your site!
Anyway - I was thinking about buying site build it, and as I do with anything that I'm thinking of buying, I went to google, typed in "site build it", and came up with some negative comments about customer service being slow and unresponsive when sites went down, AND the person was worried about how to get their website back and move to another host.

That's my main thing - I really want total control over my site, so if I ever develop problems with the site I want to be able to immediately move it to another host. As far as I can tell with site build it, you register your domain name through them, and they host the site...so they kinda own your site more than you do, it seems. Which is fine if you never have any problems with them.

I bought SBI! for the first time in 2003. I rushed and ignored many parts of the guide so of course my site failed because I didn't follow the instructions. I moved my site to another host with no problem.

When you register your domain name you own it, not SiteSell. So if you decide to go elsewhere you simply transfer the name to another host. I've never had any problem with their customer service.

I understand your concerns, but if you Google any company you are going to find someone who complains about something, but overall the comments on SBI! around the Web are extremely positive and with good reason.

Thanks Lisa

Hey Lisa, thanks for the info. You're right, you can always find someone with a gripe, and they are usually the ones who speak up the loudest and longest. Maybe I'll give sitebuildit a try for one web site, give it a few months, make sure I give it a fair try, and see how I like them.

If they did work, it would be awesome, because my lack of ability to build websites is really holding me back in experimenting with new programs.

Have you ever had to use their customer service? And if so did you like them? Also, do you happen to know if it works with Mac computers?

I think I might be helpful to illustrate the importance of the comments Lisa makes when she talks about Site Build It.

Lisa knows a lot about it and has some inside knowledge. She once worked for Ken Evoy, president of Site Build It.

Her user name here now is Lisa76. When she was with them it was a 5 Pillar name because of their 5 Pillar Program. She was an affiliate manager there. She no longer works for them.

Here is a link that explains Lisa's previous connection to Site Build It and how she went from being a satisfied user to being hired to work for them. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...were-friendly/2111-new-affiliate-manager.html

Have you ever had to use their customer service? And if so did you like them? Also, do you happen to know if it works with Mac computers?

I've had to use their customer service a couple of times and always got an answer within 24-36 hours.

Yes, it works with MAC. Everything you need to build your site is done from login.sitesell.com. You will get a username and password to use and all your building, site management and tools are from this online location. So as long as you have Internet access your OS does not matter. Everything is browser based.

Probably the most valuable aspect of SBI is their forums. When you buy you'll get access to Site Build It! Forums :: Index and it's a community full of other SBI! customers. So you can chat with other people who are just starting and that's important. No one wants to spend $300 and feel they have no support or they're all alone.

banners
Back