The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Since, I don't want to spam...

Mantus

I decided to go with these websites that share email, for affiliates

I have to look through other affiliates websites before they look at mine.

Know what I am talking about?

How do these workout?

I see good reviews and I did search quite a bit before I joined one.

Maybe I didn't research enough?

Any comments?

If I have to look at other websites all day, just to get mine viewed more, I have no problem doing this

Thanks again
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about something like safelists? Those are so 90s. Totally outdated and never did work.

Answer this. How many of those do you actually read? Actually click on? Actually buy? None right? Everyone else on that list is just like you. They occasionally read just to be sure there ad is there.

What is your niche? What type of product are you promoting?

Niche

It's a health/diet/fitness niche

I am doing most promoting offline at gyms, healthclubs,etc

Yes, Safelists .. Just wanted to try them

john

Have you worked on or started learning SEO? That's the best free way to get lots of traffic. But if you are in a general health niche it may be pretty competitive and hard to rank.

Are you talking about something like safelists? Those are so 90s. Totally outdated and never did work.

Answer this. How many of those do you actually read? Actually click on? Actually buy? None right? Everyone else on that list is just like you. They occasionally read just to be sure there ad is there.

Hmm... not sure that I can agree with you entirely Linda. I much prefer SEO and Paid Advertising now but, for the sake of my students (who often start out with safelists), I post to a few of the top rated safelists weekly and carefully track my response rates.

If you take the time to learn the skills needed (mainly ad writing) safelists do produce results. Two of the niches I work in are 'Make Money' and another 'Internet Essential Services' and my 1/2 hour spent posting always results in new subscribers and/or new sales.

BTW, I never read ads personally now for credits (though I used to) simply because I can afford to buy credits and because my time is too valuable. However for many clicking, and using safelists is a worthwhile starting point for them.

Interesting... thanks for the feedback.

In over 11 years of online marketing I've never known anyone that said anything positive about safelists and haven't even heard them mentioned for years. But maybe it works better in the Make money and ebook type markets and I've tended to stay more on the retail product side of things.

SEO

I learned about this first back in 2008 but never got around to putting it to action

I will definitely work on this when I get a site up and running.

As far as safelists go: I do stop on a few pages when I surf for points, but they are mostly for information and not to buy anything.

I am just worried that since people usually take a few times to go back to the page before buying, that I won't get the sale since it's not my website but a forwarded domain.

I am worried that since every page is going through the safelist site, that the surfers cookie won't register and if they go back to the site I won't get the sale.

I really need to get another site up.

John

I agree with Linda. Safelists, traffic exchanges and all those type of stuff are a waste of time.

It's even more of a waste of time if you're in the health and diet niche. If you're in the internet marketing/make money niche then you probably have a chance. Do you really think your target audience sits around all day trying to surf for credits?

Use the time to learn other stuff that will work.

Jay

I agree with Linda. Safelists, traffic exchanges and all those type of stuff are a waste of time.
Jay

Oh, I so love broad statements like that. Kinda like saying "you can't grow grass in the desert" to someone who's just finished a round of golf in Dubai :)

The image below seems to challenge the notion.
Screenshot - 2 months subscribers.jpg

(The figures in brackets are the days that more than one signed up over about a 2 month period)

I spend 1/2 an hour a day, twice a week, and as you can see in the image above signups just keep quietly coming in. Now I won't be crass and display the inside of my paypal account as further proof of results, but I will say that my internal tracking shows that 61% of those that take up the automated advertising I promote and the online marketing toolbox that's provided as a bonus on top of the 'set and forget' advertising service. That provides me a nice dollop of residual income.

It's not the fastest way to build a list and make sales from it but it's certainly better than 'waste of time' and has the added advantage, for people who have just started online, of being very inexpensive, low risk and reliable.

I found something really good

Now I can promote my other affiliate products
in a very good SEO blog and get residuals
from promoting the program .. All in one.

I knew all those hrs and hrs of reading would pay off

Thank you,
John

MI
Back