The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Signature Links

gio

affiliate
i noticed i there isnt any signature links in this forum. I suggest you enable the signature I promise you can get more users to join here if you do that. Enable the signature and they will come! :)

There are signature links, yours wont show yill 10 posts.
If the others dont show you need to adjust the settings in your user cp

Yeah, they might need a approval, but check your UserCP settings, so you have signature set to enabled.

i noticed i there isnt any signature links in this forum. I suggest you enable the signature I promise you can get more users to join here if you do that. Enable the signature and they will come! :)

Signature link spamming is a PITA. What Temi has done is ideal. I am having a script mod done to phpbb that prevents sig links and webpage links from displaying until a certain number of posts are made. It also runs with the no new threads until x number of posts are made. The reason for this is to stop bots signing up and starting new threads.

With a little bit of code manipulation you can add the "nofollow" atribute to signature links and avoid free backlinks. :D

V Bulletin has an option to hide signatures from visitors. This essentially means that spiders do not get to see the signature links.

Personally I think that is not best practice unless you do it from day one, and ensure everyone knows.

A MASSIVE SEO website lost 80% of its membership within a couple of days, when they introduced no follow/ no show to visitors, links and signatures.

The members wn#ent nuts, some wiped thier posts out etc.

Just a word of warning as to the consequences ;)

I heard about things like that happening.
And to tell you the truth, I understand those members.
I was just giving an example of what some forums do. (Not this one of course :D)

MI
Back