The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Should we worry about duplicate content?

Hi @chanel majic, you should avoid posting duplicate content on your website as Google penalises webmasters for having low quality or duplicate content. It's also a good idea also to keep a lookout for content that's been ripped off your site too, as it could benefit their SEO or even, negatively affect yours. A great tool for checking for duplicate content is Copyscape Plagiarism Checker - Duplicate Content Detection Software. You can find out more about Google's duplicate content guidelines here: Duplicate content - Search Console Help

For SEO, yes you should worry, Google has a really good algorithm to detect them. There are a few ways to trick them, but no one wants to share it, because it's time-consuming to detect it. I saw a post about changing languages and manipulate translation, but I'm not sure about it. For social media, it's not that hard, they are not paying too much attention about it at all, but not recommend using it, if your site will be long term.

There are 2 «sides» of duplicated content.
1 side is when you duplicate someone's content.
2 side is when somebody duplicates you content. And it's bad not only becouse of google page ranking, but becouse someone can grab your content, send it to webarchive, and if he will be indexed firstly, they can send abuse to google and everyone will think that you have stolen that content.

I love that google made people so incredibly afraid of duplicate content. The internet is better off for it. I am not going to educate people about what makes something duplicate content - and its not because I don't understand, but rather I don't want to subtract 6 years of work in the industry that has made the internet a better place.

So, don't use duplicate content. Just don't do it.

However that said, duplicate content is not what people seem to think. Of course there is duplicate content on the internet and no one is getting punished for it. Every time some medical professional publishes findings - their articles are shared word for word in countless medical journals. Political documents such as the US constitution are posted online in thousands of locations word for word. Science, technology, automobiles, energy, you name it countless times you can find word for word information in multiple locations and on multiple sites.

So understand yes duplicate content exists online and no one is being punished for it. However most people don't understand how or why some can get away with it and others can't.

As such, yes you should be afraid of duplicate content if you are using it.

If the fear is others using your content to harm your website, the answer is log into your search console after every piece of new content and request its indexing so your timestamp on informing Google of its existence can never be anything but first. Use duplicate content checkers (they have been shared by others already) and send DMCA take down notices whenever anyone takes your content.

Yes you do because google is very strict on that including other several websites. Plagiarism is a very big issue in the market today and it is best to avoid it. Do not duplicate but rather rewrite. That's what I do.

You should try as much as sposisbel not to duplicate content unless t is for the same website. If you copy from other websites and place in another then there is going to ba a plagiarism case. THe one with the content first is the one that gets to duplicate it.

So all the adspy software is crap then? Depends on what you are doing.
  1. SEO it's quick website death
  2. Buying traffic is another story ...
    • After you see the same type of wording so many times you ignore it.
    • That's not to say a very similar wording will not work well on some other offer/promotion
    • New day new deal (fooled again).

• The global header and footer of most websites (include Google) is duplicate content
  • Brand logo is duplicate content
  • Most META data is 90% duplicate content
  • All you need is different content on each page (H1-6/text/img/vid)
Not hard

Duplicate content is a big no no. Best to create your own unique stuff even if it's not as indepth as similar stuff out there. Nice trick is to just get something up, like 300 words or so. Then when you have more time, simply add to it. Google loves content that is updated.

I think that you shouldn't be worried about duplicate content because as you can see there are plenty of duplicate content in the whole internet. Otherwise, you have to sure that your content can't be considered as plagiarism, because in this case you're under risk to be detected by thoe who firstly wrote or created this content. In other cases you can create duplicate content but be sure that your texts are a bit different. Always change the words and sentences in order to make your content more genuine and exclusive. Actually, don't worry about that because nothing bad can happen as far as I concerned.

The most important thing you should know is that plagiarism is a criminal offense. I don't think you can avoid it completely on your own. We see duplicate content in every query all the time. So to speak, we are not robots and everyone has the right to make mistakes. In such cases it is better to contact an editing expert. Namely best paper editing website. Also, qualified editors will make sure that you always get copies without grammatical errors. Often students turn to this method when writing reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too right .. everything in our life is copied .. even when we say we give it our touch, it's not our touch, we copied it from others indirectly ..

- Samira

According to some basic SEO rules, duplicate content that exists on your site could really damage its ranking and overall internet reputation. So, you should definitely remove it if you notice it, or make some redirections, but it's definitely not recommendable to keep the duplicate content, personally, I always take care of this when we are making some changes on the site.

MI
Back