“webinar”/ “VOLUUM”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should we worry about duplicate content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by chanel majic, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Mansi shrivastav

Mansi shrivastav Affiliate affiliate

I think you should ignore this because in social media we all meet duplicate content all the time. This is normal nowadays.

2. Voluum
  3. ksoftseo

ksoftseo Affiliate affiliate

don't do this, always create unique and fresh content

4. charles786

charles786 Affiliate affiliate

I ponder you should ignore the duplicate content and yourself it's new creative write the best content you're depending on the wording base. best abilities created and fresh its way.

5. Jackanderson

Jackanderson Affiliate affiliate

Yes of course. Google gives penalty due to the duplicate content. Canonicalization can save us with duplicate content

Sharmilarock and Claire Harbour like this.
  6. Claire Harbour

Claire Harbour Moderator moderator affiliate

Hi @chanel majic, you should avoid posting duplicate content on your website as Google penalises webmasters for having low quality or duplicate content. It's also a good idea also to keep a lookout for content that's been ripped off your site too, as it could benefit their SEO or even, negatively affect yours. A great tool for checking for duplicate content is Copyscape Plagiarism Checker - Duplicate Content Detection Software. You can find out more about Google's duplicate content guidelines here: Duplicate content - Search Console Help

7. Certified
    MyLead

MyLead Active Member Certified Vendor Affiliate Manager affiliate

For SEO, yes you should worry, Google has a really good algorithm to detect them. There are a few ways to trick them, but no one wants to share it, because it's time-consuming to detect it. I saw a post about changing languages and manipulate translation, but I'm not sure about it. For social media, it's not that hard, they are not paying too much attention about it at all, but not recommend using it, if your site will be long term.

8. Sharmilarock

Sharmilarock Affiliate affiliate

Yes Exactly. Before posting any content check with the free tool available like Plagiarism Checker.

9. KatePage

KatePage Affiliate affiliate

It is a problem! Get rid of duplicate content. Only unique, high-quality content.

MI