The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I upgrade my company PCs to Win 7?

blahmartinblah

affiliate
Hi,
I work at a small company (just 7 PC's) that are all running XP. I put off updating them to Vista, although the hardware was definitely up to it I just didn't think it was good value for money. Everyone seems to have positive comments now for Windows 7... is it worthwhile? I think the productivity improvements alone could be worth it.
The PC's are used for Email/MS Word/Internet.

Martin

I'd definitly suggest you upgrade to windows 7, it's a lot faster then vista, although with XP it's debateable, I barely run into any serious problems with windows 7, I've had maybe one error or two, all of the drivers needed (sound etc) were found for me, which saved me a load of time.

It's got a number of useful features for buinesses, although there are still loads of companies running windows XP, I suggest you make the move to windows 7, it'll probably speed up your staff anyway, I've found with XP there is some waiting involed, unlike with windows 7, everything opens/closes/saves instantly. :)

Do you really need an upgrade? :)
I mean, if something ain't broken, don't fix it. :D
For email, office and internet you don't quite need an upgrade. :p

Thanks guys - I didn't really think about support for XP finishing.. that is a good point. As usual the information from Microsoft is confusing!

I guess looking at the cost, it might be better to wait until the hardware is next getting replaced, and then upgrade at that time. Less disruption too I think!

Martin

Well, Windows 7 is imo much better OS than the XP, tho it's not bad to have a bit newer machines for it with at least 1GB ram. XP won't have support from Microsoft from next year which presents a possible security and stability isssue.

We up-graded to Vista in 2007, but it was very unstable, it did not like very many programs, and MS were not able to fix the 1000's of applications Vista would not run.
We now have up dated to Win 7, but like all Windows versions it has lots of problems if you put it to the test.
It only finds about 60% of Fax modems, people who may still use 56k type modems it will only find 29% of those.
Most wireless Modem Routers it has n o problems with, we tested 6 and all 6 worked well.

I am currently in the process of upgrading a company with 15 machines and a server to W7. Server will stay on Windows Server 2003. 6 machines done of varying ages. No problems as yet.

banners
Back