The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Should Facebook Be At The Top Of Your Mobile Strategy?

D

djbaxter

Should Facebook Be At The Top Of Your Mobile Strategy?
By Chadd Powell, PPC Hero?
May 11, 2015

Facebook reported that its overall advertising business was up 46% in the first quarter of 2015 as compared to same period in 2014. More importantly, mobile advertising accounted for 73% of Facebook?s advertising revenue, up from 59% the same quarter a year earlier. Okay, so as a percentage of revenue mobile is doing well for Facebook.
When it comes to user numbers, Facebook reported that daily active users (DAU) in March 2015 were up 17% year over year to 936 million and mobile daily active users were up 31% year over year to 798 million. So not only does it appear that mobile advertising as a percentage of revenue is increasing, but the overall user base (including mobile users) is increasing as well.

I?ve read previous articles on mobile in regards to Google and Facebook, but I hadn?t really let it sink in how much over the last year or so Facebook?s mobile strategy was paying off.

If Facebook is getting more and more of its revenue from mobile ads, I wondered what the mobile ad engagement metrics looked like with one of our own clients active in Facebook advertising. How much different are the desktop and mobile metrics? Which is getting more impressions and clicks? Which is getting competitive cost-per-clicks and ultimately resulting in the most conversion (website) actions?

Read more...

banners
Back