The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

shayneward.com

OWG,
I am not sure its a clear cut case like that, I mean what you said about the guy being entitled to take it from the current owner. For all we know the current owner may have registered it way before shayneward become popular.......... similar to the readon gmail.co.uk was not taken off the current owner and given to Google

Deeman05,
I think Sony do not have a hope of getting the domain off you.... you are not a cyber squatter as far as I'm concerned since it was registered well before the person in question became know. Just tell whoever Sony use to contact you your asking price.
I register the domains name http://www.tottenham.info/ when .info domains started. I was approached by a guy from Tottenham football club, they offered me £250 , I told them to piss off, that was about 4 or so years ago, I still own the domains, I want to develop it to a resources for Tottenham area .... just don't have the time yet.

But I will strongly advice you not to contact sony or their agents etc, if you do, you position as the legal registrant who registered the domains for your personal use may change, you may be seen as a cyber squatter hence the domain could be taken off you through legal means.

I am not an expert on this matter the above is just my experience, you may want to seek professional help if you want to maximise revenue from you domain without compromising your legal position as the genuine owner of the domains who registered the domain in good faith.

Hang on Now, that domain was registered in October 2005, hardly well before he became a celebrity. The gmal incident was an entirely different scenario as gmail didn't exist as a well known brand when the domain was originally registered and used.

to keep the domain name you are going to have to prove a legitimate reason for buying and using it. If and it is a massive if, you can demonstrate a sound enough reason that is totally unconnected with he of the xfactor fame, then you will keep it. If however you have no legitimate claim to it, then your up a gum tree sorry.

Deeman05,
I did not check when you registered the domain, I just took your word that it was registered well before the person in question became famous. If it was registered when OWG said you registered that domain, then you position as a genuine owner of the domains is rather dubious...........

If some one say well before.....I though you are talking of many years, a few days cannot be considered well before an event...... good luck but I think OWG's advice is the best advice anyone can give you.

Ummm,
Keep us posted how things develops, I think the guy and or his record company may be more entitled to the domains than you are but that is a layman's opinion, I could be wrong.
There is some evidence of cyber squatting on your part

I really think you should stop discussing this for your own good...... you do not have a rock solid case..... as per OWG analysis...... its a case of 'you have the right to remain silent, should you chose not to remain silent anything you say may be used against you'

This is how they will look at the case.
1. Why did you register the domain name Shayneward?
2. Did the x factor etc have any bearing on your registering the domain name?

You are really going to find it hard to prove that your registering the domain name had nothing to do with the x factor Shane Ward, and the moment they prove that material fact the domain name will be taken away from you. Shayne Ward is a registered trade mark, and your use of it (even as a fansite) could constitute a breach of that trade mark.

Seriously I recommend you take their grand, and set your shayne Ward site up somewhere else. because the moment they decide it is cheaper to sue than buy, they will, and here is the sting in the tail. If they sue, and win, YOU will have to pay THEIR legal costs, and record industry Lawyers don't come cheap. I seriously suggest you think long and hard about the alternatives and implications of your decision, as it might well cost you a hell of a lot of money.

MI
Back